HWBOT Community Forums

Stelaras - K6-2+ 570MHz @ 800MHz - 705.62 pps HWBOT Prime

Gumanoid

Java was jre-8u65-windows-i586
I thought tha lastest java for winxp was 7.71... How did you install it? I had the error..
looking at "Dead things" score , his run was way more efficient .
VIA MVP3/MVP4 is faster than Aladdin 5..

But any way, your score is fantastic and deserves respect. try to beat it-)

I thought tha lastest java for winxp was 7.71... How did you install it? I had the error..

VIA MVP3/MVP4 is faster than Aladdin 5..

But any way, your score is fantastic and deserves respect. try to beat it-)

I remember seeing an error while installing the version 8 , but you just have to continue the installation ignoring the error .

To be honest , i'm not sure VIA is faster . I have seen dozen of benchmarks from the old days till today . Also , wprime doesn't care about memory speed and cache (L2 or L3) . The benefit of the L3 was very small (Just a few points if my memory serves me right . :P

• Crew

From my experience, everything depends on motherboard cache and proper register tweaking.

Performance is on par when the MVP can use the onboard L3 cache like seen below. 124Mhz is maximum for the cache and thats also quite high. Ive seen other boards already have problems with 112Mhz...

GraduS`s PiFast score: 7min 21sec 750ms with a K6-2+ 570MHz

Strunkenbold`s PiFast score: 7min 21sec 860ms with a K6-2+ 550MHz

But the picture is completely different when the chips run clock to clock without Cache. The performance of the Aladdin chip is significant better than. And also reach up to 140Mhz fsb.

Edited by Strunkenbold

To be honest , i'm not sure VIA is faster . I have seen dozen of benchmarks from the old days till today . Also , wprime doesn't care about memory speed and cache (L2 or L3) . The benefit of the L3 was very small (Just a few points if my memory serves me right . :P

I upped a WP32 score at 6x124 on MVP3 here: Dead Things`s wPrime - 32m score: 6min 16sec 242ms with a K6-2+ 550MHz in case you want to compare it against Ali V to test the theory.

I remember seeing an error while installing the version 8 , but you just have to continue the installation ignoring the error.
The first versions of Java at installation pop up errors and there is no possibility to continue installation. I thought that if the first versions are not installed, then later ones will not be installed either. But as it turned out later versions after the error continue installation. After installing the 8th version of Java, I was able to improve the score up to 21 points at the same CPU frequency...

• 1 month later...