HWBOT Community Forums

How to get the "Special Member" status for participation in the competitions?

Anchoret

09 Mar 2018 overclocker under the nickname CSN7 submitted own result to the Rookie Rumble # 53 - HWBOT x265 Benchmark 1080p already as a Novice.
This competition has a limit, as it's not the first time (but nobody care as in the case of Ackerman): Only members of the rookie league may participate.
CSN7 is registered on the HWBOT 30 Nov 2017 and now has the status of Novice.
Yesterday, he had two entries on the wall that he joined the Novice League 8 days ago and 9 March (last notification on the wall). I was surprised that he two times joined the Novice League. Between these events he managed to join a division. Let's count the months:
1) 30 Nov - 30 Dec;
2) 30 Dec - 30 Jan;
3) 30 Jan - 28 Feb or 02 Mar.
The obvious violation, as of March 9, the term of more than 3 months.
I wrote to the moderator through the form "Report this submission" to check his result. And what do you think: was his result removed from the competition? Absolutely not! Moderator wiped his wall, namely the notification of joining the Novice League 8 days ago (as of March 9) and the notification of joining a division.
But the date of his registration is not changed! Is it an epic fail?! Or not? I'm confused.
CSN7 is a moderator's friend? Or, perhaps, moderator engage in bot breeding? Or, maybe, CSN7 is a hacker? But, he definitely has the "Special Member" status.
Apparently, many will want to get that status.
Dear Administration, I want you publish a link with cost rates and a function to receive the "Special Member" status, which allows one to violate the HWBOT rules.

CSN7.jpg

It's clearly a glitch that it allowed him to submit while in novice league, perhaps related to the switch to rev 7 and maybe something got messed up in relation to what league he's in. The mods will sort it. However I have found that being a dick to them tends to slow the process down so you might want to try not doing that going forward. You should try posting in the support section down at the bottom of this sub.

Edited by yosarianilives

If I thought that there was a bug, I would posted in the support section.
But the response and actions of the moderators point to the fact that you can submit results to a competition of the one league when you are in another.

Edited by Anchoret

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Anchoret said:

09 Mar 2018 overclocker under the nickname CSN7 submitted own result to the Rookie Rumble # 53 - HWBOT x265 Benchmark 1080p already as a Novice.
This competition has a limit, as it's not the first time (but nobody care as in the case of Ackerman): Only members of the rookie league may participate.
CSN7 is registered on the HWBOT 30 Nov 2017 and now has the status of Novice.
Yesterday, he had two entries on the wall that he joined the Novice League 8 days ago and 9 March (last notification on the wall). I was surprised that he two times joined the Novice League. Between these events he managed to join a division. Let's count the months:
1) 30 Nov - 30 Dec;
2) 30 Dec - 30 Jan;
3) 30 Jan - 28 Feb or 02 Mar.
The obvious violation, as of March 9, the term of more than 3 months.
I wrote to the moderator through the form "Report this submission" to check his result. And what do you think: was his result removed from the competition? Absolutely not! Moderator wiped his wall, namely the notification of joining the Novice League 8 days ago (as of March 9) and the notification of joining a division.
But the date of his registration is not changed! Is it an epic fail?! Or not? I'm confused.
CSN7 is a moderator's friend? Or, perhaps, moderator engage in bot breeding? Or, maybe, CSN7 is a hacker? But, he definitely has the "Special Member" status.
Apparently, many will want to get that status.
Dear Administration, I want you publish a link with cost rates and a function to receive the "Special Member" status, which allows one to violate the HWBOT rules.

CSN7.jpg

This is funny, I will not comment on this case because it is non of my business - but one thing I can tell you very clearly, if you don't stop spreading the same lies and wrong facts on the last rumble with ackerman you already did spread weeks ago, you will leave hwbot faster than you entered. I explained 10 times to  you that the time counts for submission when you are a rookie, and if you submit at rookie status at 15th of a month for example,  get promoted at 16th to novice and the rumble ends at 20th these are legit results and you still get your deserved rookie rumble ranking because your submissions were made as a rookie. If you are unable to understand this even after months this is ridiculous and causes some doubts about your level of understanding. You caused enough troubles at this because of your reports at this rumble which lead to results having to be readded manually after time checks when I saw that the results were submitted when ackerman still was at rookie status.

On the case with CSN7, I did not manage this but saw the rumble was confgured wrong because at all rumbles stages start and end same day while this time a different system was used. Maybe Leeghoofd can give you more information on this.

Dear websmile, I specifically pointed out that I can not understand.
I don't know, we have a misunderstanding with you because of the difficulties of translation or something else?
As for me, English is not my native language.
However, today, you only use the expression "to submit" in your message.
I understand what you explain, but the phrase "Only members of the rookie league may participate" is not fully responsive to your explanation.
You neither now or have never answered my question: do you think the expressions "to submit" and "to participate" are equivalent? For my part, I see a big difference. But then you refused me in the dialogue. Now, you threaten me. The only thing that I understand from your words that I'm nothing.

• Administrators

I do not threaten you - I simply state facts, I never gave anyone a special treatment or priviledges and I do not even know ackerman, never talked to him. The system is easy aand logical, as long as you are eligible to submit you can participate. This means, and I really hope the example makes things clear so we have no misunderstanding anymore, if a rookie rumble starts at 1st of april, ends at 30th of april, and you are a rookie until 15th of april, you can partcipate, but you can submit only as long a you have rookie status. This means, you can participate, make submissions up until 15th of april, and then when you automatic promotion comes, you cannot submit anymore but your results are still valid and your particpation at rookie time will be honoured. It is because your work at the rumble was done while you still were a rookie, and this way we can also offer each member normally three times a participation at a rookie rumble.

To make it short, when you are allowed to submit at the start of a rookie rumble because you are a rookie, your results and submissions will not be lost because at start you are allowed to participate and submit. If you have more questions on this, I am willing to answer these.

On the case now with csn7, please wait for the answer of leeghoofd or other mod, I did not handle this and think that the bad configuration indifferent time stages might be causing a problem.

• Thanks 1

Thank you websmile.
This is the best answer I received on this forum. The most complete. That's how I got it. I have no any contradiction with that. True.
But I'm interested in your opinion: it may be better to reformulate the rule so "Only members of the rookie league may submit"? It seems to me that it will fully reflect the meaning of your words and the meaning of the competition itself.
And so I want to thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

My suggestion is aimed at improving the understanding of rules by beginners such me. Not for deterioration but for improvement.
And if the administration had agreed with your assertion, then we with you would never have seen HWBOT rev7.
It is necessary to constantly evolve, but not be stagnant.

51 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

Semantics.

Semantics? Exactly!
What do you know about semantics in jurisprudence, for example?
I use the Cambridge Dictionary, if I don't understand something.
Let's take a look:

participate (US) - to be or become involved in an activity;
participate (UK) - to take part in or become involved in an activity.

The current rule says: "Only members of the rookie league may participate".
I understand that only rookie have the right to submit results and receive points for them, because the rule extends its power of limit both at the moment of submission and distribution of points.
In this regard, the member who has changed the league during the competition, falls into a difficult position. That's, on the one hand he had the right to submit his results, on the other, after changing his status, he lost the right to participate in the distribution of points.
And the phrase "Only members of the rookie league may submit" just takes into account this nuance. Because, it extends its power only at the moment of submission, and not on the distribution of points. Don't you understand that?
I tried as soon as I could explain it...

• Crew

To say it in simple man's words. He can still compete in this Rookie rumble, in the next one he can no longer...

I did not make these rules , but we've had no issues with them if only people would be a bit more flexible...It is not that he can use exotic cooling or such . Imagine it happens to you, you bench to participate and HWBOT imposes you to become a Novice during the competition... would you be happy ?

Apparently CN7 has made an error  in a submission (wrong cooling) so he entered a higher league. This has been sort of rectified by another moderator but now he ended up in the Novice league...

It is just HWBOT things, the website were always something is obscure  :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10.03.2018 at 6:50 PM, Mr.Scott said:

Lol.

Semantics. ...

And we have naively entered into philosophical discussion of a semantics...

... He can still compete in this Rookie rumble ...

That's, CS7 has the right to submit his results to the Rookie Rumble as a Novice or even as an Extreme. It doesn't matter...
Here you see, Mr.Scott, I was right. CS7 has the "Special Member" status.
The curtain finally falls...

Dear yosarianilives, where and when did I write that I hate HWBOT? Why do you respond so painfully that someone noticed a violation of HWBOT rules from one of the participants?
When someone writes that the results of some participants are removed because of the violating HWBOT rules, while the special ones are allowed to violate the rules, then the only thing that you can answer is to ban him or offer to go away? You have a strange feedback...
A sufficient number of legendary old-timers have already gone, did you see that? And I know for sure that others are going to go away because of the chaos that happens on the resource. Do you want that from the participants? Do you want them to go away? Do you really want to reform HWBOT into a closed community for multiple members? I hope that no.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What's your concern with me? I do not cheat. My results are proof of that. lol But on the other hand I agree with you where the rules are not respected. At least in the screens. I thought, read in the rules that the graphics cards had to indicate unlock, well I do not see much that indicates it. Whether for the elite or rookie rules are rules.After even if it 's me annoyingly, I'm just here to relax.