HWBOT Community Forums

MrPaco - Phenom II X4 840T @ 4064.1MHz - 6.49 points Cinebench - R11.5

Leeghoofd

840T is Zosma.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom II X4 840T - HD840TWFK4DGR.html

Phenom II processors with Zosma core can be identified by:

• Part number: OEM part starts with "HD" and ends with "4DGR".
    An example: HD840TWFK4DGR.
  • CPU ID: All Zosma-based processor have CPUID 100FA0. As a note, CPUs with Thuban core have the same CPUID.

We can do pics of CPU's for verification if you like.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 3

Of the four Phenom II CPUs in the hwbot database that are chip harvested Thuban cores: x4 650T, x4 840T, x4 960T Black Edition and x4 970 Black Edition, only two are categorised as Zosma (960T and 970 BE) the other two are categorised as Thuban. Obviously this leads to ambiguity, either all the above mentioned CPUs are classed as Zosma or they are classed as Thuban but not both. Now I know our erstwhile database caretaker has recently resigned which leads to a bit of a dilemma.

Edited by cbjaust
no T on 970BE
  • Like 1

• Crew

Indeed, PII X4 840T is a Zosma core. But Zosma is a Thuban with 2 cores disabled. I think stage mods wanted to limit hexa-cores so they should clarify unlocked Zosma in the limits.
So right now W9 are technically right and maybe stage limitations should be updated and clarified. Nice loophole :D

@cbjaust, don't worry this is a minor mistake in DB. If you find mistakes, just make a ticket in Support forum. Fixed both. So the categories are OK, now it's up to stage mods.

Edited by Antinomy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cbjaust said:

Of the four Phenom II CPUs in the hwbot database that are chip harvested Thuban cores: x4 650T, x4 840T, x4 960T Black Edition and x4 970T Black Edition, only two are categorised as Zosma (960T and 970 BE) the other two are categorised as Thuban. Obviously this leads to ambiguity, either all the above mentioned CPUs are classed as Zosma or they are classed as Thuban but not both. Now I know our erstwhile database caretaker has recently resigned which leads to a bit of a dilemma.

Don't forget the Athlon x4's 640 (zosma) and 645t. although those are already listed as zosma

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Don't forget the Athlon x4's 640 (zosma) and 645t. although those are already listed as zosma

Yeah, I was only referring to the Phenom II x4 CPUs and I saw the Athlon II E0 CPUs were already listed as Zosma (or @Antinomy already fixed them if necessary) ?