HWBOT Community Forums

Should all scores by members who got lifetime bans for cheating be removed?

Hi,

I recently did a search for the oldest SP32M hardware golds. One that came up was OnePageBook's X6800 run.

Great, I thought, let's try to beat a 12 year old record. When I researched it a little more, I came across this newspost. This brought up a couple of questions in my mind: i

1. If OPB was a notorious cheater, is his 32M run also cheated and therefore possibly unbeatable?
  2. In general, should members banned for life because of cheating have all their results purged?

I am not sure about 2). On the one hand it's very time-consuming to analyse potentially hundreds of submissions to check whether they are cheated, on the other hand you run the risk of purging legitimate historical records if you simply purge all of them without checking. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this topic.

Edit: relevant XS thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?227198-Onepagebook-Lifetime-Ban-at-HWbot/

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, Mr.Scott said:

IMO, yes.

But you know HWB has a terrible track record banning anybody, and keeping them banned for that matter.

Dupe accts. are rampant.

youre a bloody hypocrite mate, i know of someone on "your team" that was banned from here for cheating for 12mths , and you then reinstated him into your team and is still there, but youre selective arent ya , dont talk double standards mate, practice what you preech, theres a few on your team that need pissing off all together, not for cheating or dup accounts ,theyre  just full of shit !!!!!!!

Edited by ozzie
laugh all you want mate, i dont give 2 shits , its the damn truth , youre only a dribble jaws anyway. like most on here !!!!
  • Haha 1