HWBOT Community Forums

Please correct

Mykolay3ack

12 minutes ago, Antinomy said:

No, we don't split categories by stepping. This question is not new and I don't think it's a good idea.

1.  We can verify CPU with CPU-Z and etc

2. We can make the exception because a new revision brings big changes. (AMD not change core name (or model number), but it could. Like, change number Phenom with TLB bug/or not TLB ( Phenom 9500, and new 9550)

3. Benchmarks can used SSE3 and 64-bit, and Palermo-Ex get profit.

1 hour ago, klopcha said:

1.  We can verify CPU with CPU-Z and etc

2. We can make the exception because a new revision brings big changes. (AMD not change core name (or model number), but it could. Like, change number Phenom with TLB bug/or not TLB ( Phenom 9500, and new 9550)

3. Benchmarks can used SSE3 and 64-bit, and Palermo-Ex get profit.

I'll refer you to the following quote regarding separating the s754 palermo Semprons:

On 3/30/2020 at 6:33 AM, Mr.Scott said:

Up to the user to find the best OC'ing OPN.

Edited by cbjaust

I've always saw it as separate by model number and arch, not step. Once you separate by stepping then you also can separate by tdp which is an even bigger mess. There are chips with same model number, same arch, same process, same stepping but different tdp rating which means likely different binning and they have a different amd part number on the ihs technically but it's the same model number so same category. I think trying to separate those out would be a mess, and stepping (which is already a mess) would lead to that. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...