HWBOT Community Forums

Please correct

Mykolay3ack

Then I would say that a separate category is useless since there is no way to verify which version was used.
Also, I'm not sure if there is any actual practical (=overclocking) difference between the two versions - I had some EE versions of X2 chips and they seemed exactly the same.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TaPaKaH said:

Then I would say that a separate category is useless since there is no way to verify which version was used.
Also, I'm not sure if there is any actual practical (=overclocking) difference between the two versions - I had some EE versions of X2 chips and they seemed exactly the same.

And I would agree.

13 hours ago, Liq-met said:

Also to separate Athlon 64 3800+ (Orleans) on 45W  `n` 59W.

no point, CPU-Z won't tell them apart. All the validations for Orleans core CPU Frequency are the F2 variants (ADA3800IAA4CN (F2) or ADA3800IAA4CW (F2)). Until someone shows up with the F3 variant (ADA3800IAA4DH (F3)) or the 45W one (Lima - ADH3800IAA4DE (G1)) there's no point adding a category for the missing ones.

• Crew

Yeah I actually meant that there are two chips with the same name with different specs but only one category can be created in the db for the reason already mentioned here. This results in the fact that some specs of this entry are always wrong. See that 35W vs 59W issue. So better just to list the common ones (IMO)

Ideally we could create an entry for both in the db, but later have a unified ranking. Maybe something for the devs (would help with the rebranded stuff a LOT,  also de-uglyfy some category names).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 2:59 PM, cbjaust said:

no point, CPU-Z won't tell them apart. All the validations for Orleans core CPU Frequency are the F2 variants (ADA3800IAA4CN (F2) or ADA3800IAA4CW (F2)). Until someone shows up with the F3 variant (ADA3800IAA4DH (F3)) or the 45W one (Lima - ADH3800IAA4DE (G1)) there's no point adding a category for the missing ones.

That's right. May be separate Sempron 754 (Palermo-D0) and Sempron (Palermo-Ex) already. New revision add SSE3 and  64-bit sometimes.