HWBOT Community Forums

OCZ Blade DDR3 kit in EU

mirco69

if you are thinking of the 2000c7 hyper ones, good luck finding them, the only ones I heard of being still in circulation are 2 or 3 dead or badly damaged kits. Pretty sure they were only available with MNH-E. 

3 hours ago, Gigelz said:

Ofc there is more to say. Which version are you looking for ?

i do not necessarily plan to bench them (the really fast ones will not be for sale or affordable anyway). Just think that they are the nicest DDR3 kits out there and would like to own a dual or triple channel kit.

Edited by mirco69
  • Thanks 1

Unless you like the looks, there is nothing special about OCZ Blade.

The heatsinks are not very efficient and don't allow modules to be stacked (if that's how you keep them).

Moreover, OCZ build quality is by far the worst of all memory brands I know, including obscure Chinese stuff. It seems that they were using lower JEDEC IC bins to save money and had absolutely no idea how to assign specs, which resulted in their weird lineus (such as many 1333C9 models that are NOT rated at 1.5V and still fail specs).

Add non-existent support / warranty due to bankruptcy, and you'll quickly realise that any sort of OCZ memory is a waste of money.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Thanks 2

Yes, when it comes to the Blades, its all about looks and rarity for me. OCZ always had great design imo and some heat sinks are high quality stuff. I.e. those ReaperX with flat heat pipes directly touching the chips. Also they have a rated speed of 1333 6-5-5 ?‍♂️

04_k.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eisbaer798 said:
Feel free to contact me via pn.?

mach ich ?️‍♂️

Does anyone have an opinion or information about OCZ Platinum 3x2GB with 2000 8-9-8 @ 1.65 V

Edited by mirco69
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mirco69 said:

mach ich ?️‍♂️

Does anyone have an opinion or information about OCZ Platinum 3x2GB with 2000 8-9-8 @ 1.65 V

biggest problem with ocz memory is, on most kits you can´t say reliable which ic they used... hard to give an opinion :D