HWBOT Community Forums

cheating

Guest spit051261

Guest spit051261

Hi all,

I am a bit of a newbie but was recently accused of cheating on the mathsbench section.

They took my scores off me after "someone" complained .

I was told the taskbar was missing and I should also film my bench .

The film thing must be a new HWBOT thing but saying that , I haven't been doing this long so I don't know,

Anyway , just put up 2384 with taskbar showing and against my better judgement , a video of me running 2206.

The next thing they will be asking me to do is show my BIOS settings so the person that complained ,so he has a chance of catching my score .

Take care and happy overclocking.

• Crew

2 things here:

The taskbar is one of requirements regarding the verification standards here at HWBot. On the frontpage this is listed since early this year: https://hwbot.org/newsflash/5140_updated_rules_for_verification_screenshots_2020_from_08012020/

Secondly if your score is too high versus the others it could be that the score output is bugged. The Mathbench is still in Beta so we need to gather as much information if someone has a very high score and especially how this was achieved.

Now your score in particular has an insanely low Pi time at around 14ms, while all the rest only manages 120+.

The moderation team would like to know how you did this, so we can pass on the information to the developers. FYI they are already working on a more stable version 1.3

Kind regards 

• Like 3

Guest spit051261

You asked me to show the taskbar and film the bench .

I did both.

This is getting crazy now.

If you want to remove my scores , go ahead .

I won't run this bench again .

• Crew

I didn't get any link of a video, the goal here is to improve the benchmark and to find out how you can score so low versus the rest of the world. FYI this info will remain btn you me and the developer of Mathbench.

Again noone is calling you a cheater or whatever. This benchmark is quite new and due to using it in Country Cup we already found out some flaws and the developer immediately corrected it. Now with your input we can further improve it and make it more stable/secure. 

Guest spit051261

You didn't even ask me or get my side of the story before removing my scores .

I may be new to this but seems unfair you believe someone else that reported my bench's over me just because he has been doing it for 20 years or so.

12 minutes ago, spit051261 said:

You didn't even ask me or get my side of the story before removing my scores .

I may be new to this but seems unfair you believe someone else that reported my bench's over me just because he has been doing it for 20 years or so.

I dont think leeghoofd is taking any sides. He and the team are pretty good at finding out what is happening. you might be doing everything perfectly. And just needed to comply with the screen shot showing taskbar and the normal CPUz screens. However the score on one segment looks unusual. It might be that there is a bug in the benchmark software affecting everyone else and not you? or the other way around. in either case he need to find out or this particular benchmark software will not be used as part of Hwbot points *might also be removed from the competition. We all want good new software benchers in there. I am sure once it is sorted out even your points will count  in the country cup. We have all been there and still are, every now and then a score is questioned or taken of and moderated. Thus they are not targeting you ?. do note that they just reset the whole HWbot system so if score was posted after sunday sometime (see front page) your score as one of mine will have been deleted due to the backup. Thus I will also have to re-submit a score (in my case for port Royal on 2080ti where i had the highest score)

Guest spit051261

I put a full set of CPUZ up along with the taskbar .

I even filmed one of my runs for you guys .

That's it for me.

I think I have gone well out of my way to help you .

I don't even like the bench , I only ran it to thrash someone that sand bagged me .

I spent 2 weeks on this , working out BIOS settings and everything else .

Sorry for my English

You don't notice that you have almost two identical processors. On the same architecture. And the PI time test is completely different ???

The test reacts to Uncore Freq in such a way that I don't think it's good. What the developer will say.

Not from your side, but from the program's side.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4616721_turbo1_krieg_mathbenchmark_gui_core_i7_10700k_2385_pts

https://hwbot.org/submission/4592243_turbo1_krieg_mathbenchmark_gui_core_i9_10900k_1927_pts

You can see that the 10900 processor has all the points better than the 10700 processor. Except for the first Pi Time.