HWBOT Community Forums

P4C800-E modBIOS

Antinomy

• Crew

That's interesting. Could you flash my BIOS, take the battery out, clear CMOS and boot without the battery at all? If you're switching from a 1023 to 1024 you should flash the chip completely - not only main section, but the full BIOS.

If you do this, please post photo of the boot of your POST screen and Jumperfree section.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:36 AM, Sparks.nl said:

With my stock bios they are still there. 

which version was it, do you have a copy?

• 1 year later...
  • Crew

Something new for you! Found out two new strap/divider combinations: 1:1 (100MHz strap) and 1:1 (166MHz strap)
FSB 100 1:1
100-100.PNG.62d543e99dba8329ade504d467c510af.PNG

FSB166 1:1

166-166.PNG.6bc91b7953bbf9198dbdf4f4d9617573.PNG

Feel free to play with it. I've updated the benchBIOS to version 1.1. As you can see, PAT works on these dividers with 865PE boards too (checked on P4P800 and P4P800 SE).
@Tzk@digitalbath you might be interested in this finding. Digitalbath you might want to add this to your P4P800 SE BIOS. FSB100 is value 0000 and FSB166 is 1101.

benchBIOS v1.1.zip

Edited by Antinomy
  • Thanks 6

On 12/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, Antinomy said:

Feel free to play with it. I've updated the benchBIOS to version 1.1. As you can see, PAT works on these dividers with 865PE boards too (checked on P4P800 and P4P800 SE).
@Tzk@digitalbath you might be interested in this finding. Digitalbath you might want to add this to your P4P800 SE BIOS. FSB100 is value 0000 and FSB166 is 1101.

Oh, very nice! Nice find!

I am sorry, but I won't update the SE bios. I am going to give my SE away. If I find some time, I will look into the BIOS code to understand what you did there.

• Like 1

• Crew
1 hour ago, digitalbath said:

I will look into the BIOS code to understand what you did there.

I didn't change the code. I just labeled two dividers in the menu, like I said - values 0000 and 1101. O.K. I'll mod it. I found out that my BIOS works on P4P800/SE only with RAM in slots 1 and 3. With slots 2/4 it stops at POST A4. But I need 2/4 to use RAMbooster in slot 1.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Crew

When you thought everything should be found after 20 years, lol.

Another update to you!
Change list:
1) Added support for Mobile Pentium 4 Prescott CPUs. EIST is enabled so you can use any MSR utility of choice to change the multiplier (CrystalCPUID, CPUMSR, RMClock, etc.)
2) Added tRAS values 9 and 10 to BIOS setup
3) Fixed help message for Advanced memory settings section
4) Set default system date to 01/01/2024

http://valid.x86.fr/6pmnfz

Should work with P4C800-E, P4P800 2.0 and P4P800 SE. Issues are reported with P4C800 (timings are not set). I don't have this board so can't check myself. P4P800 series (-SE too) work with memory in slots 1 and 3 only.

benchBIOS v1.2.zip

Edited by Antinomy
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Antinomy said:

When you thought everything should be found after 20 years, lol.

Another update to you!
Change list:
1) Added support for Mobile Pentium 4 Prescott CPUs. EIST is enabled so you can use any MSR utility of choice to change the multiplier (CrystalCPUID, CPUMSR, RMClock, etc.)
2) Added tRAS values 9 and 10 to BIOS setup
3) Fixed help message for Advanced memory settings section
4) Set default system date to 01/01/2024

http://valid.x86.fr/6pmnfz

Should work with P4C800-E, P4P800 2.0 and P4P800 SE. Issues are reported with P4C800 (timings are not set). I don't have this board so can't check myself. P4P800 series (-SE too) work with memory in slots 1 and 3 only.

benchBIOS v1.2.zip 434.21 kB · 1 download

How do you edit the asus bios ? which tool ?
How did you implement the mobile microcode ? you have the microcode as a file in hand ?

edit
Many years ago i was trying (with no luck) to extract the microcode from an Abit bios and implement it to Asus ... but never managed to do it.
I always had some kind of checksum mismatch stopping me 😄

Edited by TASOS

• Crew
4 hours ago, TASOS said:

How do you edit the asus bios ? which tool ?

Hex editor.

4 hours ago, TASOS said:

How did you implement the mobile microcode ? you have the microcode as a file in hand ?

You don't need a special microcode for mobiles, it's the same as desktops. It wasn't about microcodes at all. In fact when we talk about compatibility, it's 95% not the microcodes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Antinomy said:

Hex editor.

You don't need a special microcode for mobiles, it's the same as desktops. It wasn't about microcodes at all. In fact when we talk about compatibility, it's 95% not the microcodes.

Hmm

So what did the Abit IS7 had , that all the other brands (including other Abit boards) did not have ? (regarding P4 mobiles working out of the box) ?

• Crew

No idea, I didn't have any Abit 865/875 boards. The problem with Asus was that it had problems initializing TM2 correctly which only mobile Prescotts seem to have. We have a saying - "Woe from Mind" which kinda explains the situation. Asus had too many checks and it summed up in an exception that crashed them altogether. I bypassed the problem ones and voila. I've used IDA to disassemble the problem parts.

• Like 1