HWBOT Community Forums

TNT2 M64 - possible to have 3DM01-Score?

PCGH_Carsten

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about AquaMark but I got 988 marks in 01 with a 32MB model.

Unfortunately, as has been put here, with less-then-legal settings.

http://project-acoc.nl/timin8r/oc/TNT2_3dmark01.JPG

Couldn't there be some kind of special category for cards like these?

The card is in the database but it's impossible to get any valid benchmarks.

I see there are a lot of recent results with these cards, according to the rules they should all be blocked?

Edited by TiMiN8R

• 1 month later...

And what about 16-MB-cards? There are a few of results in both the 16 MB TNT and TNT2 M64 category.

• http://www.hwbot.org/quickSearch.do?hardwareId=GPU_994

• http://www.hwbot.org/quickSearch.do?hardwareId=GPU_1411

• http://www.hwbot.org/quickSearch.do?hardwareId=GPU_996 (some in here also)

I'm not against "legalizing" this as an exception (also, TNT2-cards cannot run AM3 with default 4x Aniso…) but there should be a generally applicable rule to follow.

rule is= benchmark can not be run at default settings= not accepted ;)

if you do submit a score it will be classified as which means that the score

those TNT scores you linked, seems legit:

Sorry, I still don't understand. Is your rule > Turricans rule? Because every single screenshot shows "the benchmark wasn't run on default" (see below for explanation).

i think that's no problem.

all pre geforce/radeon cards cannot run 3dmark01 on default, because lack of texure compression.

it will always say "the benchmark wasn't run on default". ;)

• Crew

@tnt's

yeah, if they don't have texture compresssion they'll run with "32bit textures" instead. although this is a performance disadvantge for those cards, they will still be blocked. :(

@aquamark

i don't think so. i mean who knows all specs of the cards and knows that they don't support that? there's no clue like "the benchmark wasn't run on default" from 3dmark01 in aquamark.

@tnt's

yeah, if they don't have texture compresssion they'll run with "32bit textures" instead. although this is a performance disadvantge for those cards, they will still be blocked. :(

I think the main reason behind the "default settings" requirement was to avoid people making the bench faster - not slower (like this case). These 100 year old cards don't fight for global awards, only for HW points - so if all cards have the same disadvantage I hope you use some "common sense" and don't block a whole lot of scores because "the rules say so";)

• Crew
I think the main reason behind the "default settings" requirement was to avoid people making the bench faster - not slower (like this case). These 100 year old cards don't fight for global awards, only for HW points - so if all cards have the same disadvantage I hope you use some "common sense" and don't block a whole lot of scores because "the rules say so";)

i also don't want to block them, because i'll loose a lot of points and the hard work was completely useless.

i'm sorry but i can't do anything here. ;)

Since it's not "legally" possible to run 3DM01 with 32 Bit color, z and textures with a 16 MB card, I am wondering as to if results will be accepted here?

You can run 3DMark2001 on 16mb TnT-cards with the same settings, as on 32mb.

2 Moderators:

And how about blocking and deleting all the results on X800-family, for example, in 3DMark05, because these cards do not support 3.0-shaders? :)

If the settings in 3DMark are default for one particular videocard, TNT2, for example, then why do you want to delete them? When you change some settings in 3DMark, for example resolution, then settings are not default. And if you do not change anything, then settings are default. Correct me if I'm wrong

By the way, what were you thinking about while adding so much old videocards that do not support something, but still can run tests at almost the same settings as new videocards? We spent hours overcklocking, testing, trying to get some good score on these cards, and now you want to delete all the results. That's not fair...

Edited by Kolian

You can run 3DMark2001 on 16mb TnT-cards with the same settings, as on 32mb.

2 Moderators:

And how about blocking and deleting all the results on X800-family, for example, in 3DMark05, because these cards do not support 3.0-shaders? :)

If the settings in 3DMark are default for one particular videocard, TNT2, for example, then why do you want to delete them? When you change some settings in 3DMark, for example resolution, then settings are not default. And if you do not change anything, then settings are default. Correct me if I'm wrong

By the way, what were you thinking about while adding so much old videocards that do not support something, but still can run tests at almost the same settings as new videocards? We spent hours overcklocking, testing, trying to get some good score on these cards, and now you want to delete all the results. That's not fair...

Well said and that's exactly how I feel. Revise the rules to allow older hardware to have fun. The scores won't come anywhere near high enough for a global ranking but allow us to have hwpoints for them.

The X800 series is capable of running the 3DM05 benchmark at stock settings, no?

No. Stock settings are: Pixel and Vertex Shaders v3.0. And X800 only support 2.0-shaders

PCGH_Carsten

You can explain to the mod, who blocked you score, that if you want to run 2001 on 16mb-card with the same settings as on 32mb, you have to use older drivers (3X-series).

Turrican

I meant 3DMark _05_

It is the same "story" with X800 and 05, as with TNT's and 01 - the card isn't capable of running test at the same settings as newer cards, so 3DMark settings are a little bit different for these older cards. So, like some people think, you can not say that 3DMark's 01 and 05 were run on 100%-default settings on TNT- and X800-families .

Edited by Kolian

All this bickering is getting us nowhere. None of these cards can compete for global points so can we please just allow them to compete against each other? It would be a shame to block scores from some of the most legendary cards ever made because they can't keep up with the Jones's :(