HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2021 - INTEL thread.

findir-spb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Digg_de

Isnt it possible to bench Geekbench 5 offline, save the file and upload it later? I can safe csv, html and something else but i cant open them with GB5. There is also no "upload" Option on the website.

Edited by Digg_de

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, John_Hexane said:

Hello, is it possible to use dual-processor configurations at this stage?
https://hwbot.org/competition/HWBOT TEAM CUP 2021 - INTEL/stage/5294_pcmark10_express_-_ddr2

Regardless of if it's allowed I don't think there's any s771 board that use normal ddr2 and fbdimm is classed as a different mem type so couldn't be used in this stage. 

7 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Regardless of if it's allowed I don't think there's any s771 board that use normal ddr2 and fbdimm is classed as a different mem type so couldn't be used in this stage. 

There are dual boards with 5100 chipset which use registered ddr2, and they are not rare at all. But surprisingly there are virtually no results for this chipset on hwbot. I think this stage is perfect opportunity to change this situation.

• Crew
57 minutes ago, frag_ said:

There are dual boards with 5100 chipset which use registered ddr2, and they are not rare at all. But surprisingly there are virtually no results for this chipset on hwbot. I think this stage is perfect opportunity to change this situation.

Show us what you got!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frag_ said:

this stage is perfect opportunity to change this situation.

Looking how great pcmark is in scaling with greater core count, I would doubt it. Both cpus will share just 2 channels of ddr2 (that sould also be a challenge to overclock). 

Though, I'm curious of the result.

55 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

Looking how great pcmark is in scaling with greater core count, I would doubt it. Both cpus will share just 2 channels of ddr2 (that sould also be a challenge to overclock). 

Though, I'm curious of the result.

Imho the biggest handicap is the pcie arrangement, pcm is mostly about storage speed. That's why x48 might still be faster than p45 because 32 pcie lanes vs 16. So you could do a full 16x raid card instead of 8x. All the s771 chipsets have a good amount of lanes but they're all split into groups of 4x and 8x with no way for a 16x slot. Raiding multiple cards isn't gonna happen on a bare metal install so x48 is gonna have fastest storage.