HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2022 Div III Round 1 thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an odd/weird submission - I submitted my Vantage run for the comp - it got stuck at " Your sub is pending as there is another sub currently being process. <- I know that's not what it really says BUT you still understand ? It stayed like this for 10+ sec, so I clicked to refresh my browser. I got the same ^ response ^ BUT I had another page open at the bot and was able to see AND check this submission. I went back to my original page, it's now at like 30+ seconds -> it was still stuck at pending <- and refreshed the page again. It again stated that my sub was pending, so I just closed the page and came here to post a comment. Like I said, I can still see, modify, it's been scored, ect, ect so I'm happy, it's just weird..

Thanks

On 3/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, GTI-R said:

please let us know
Even if geekbench completes I can't open the geekbench browser.
What could be the cause? I have not purchased it.
I have a registered account.

Ive had that happen too.. though i corrupted BIOS and windows was broken.. so maybe mem errors were just having their way?! Since ive reinstalled OS, it only happens now when mems are cranked too hard ~4k@c12 tight etc.

• Crew
3 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

I had an odd/weird submission - I submitted my Vantage run for the comp - it got stuck at " Your sub is pending as there is another sub currently being process. <- I know that's not what it really says BUT you still understand ? It stayed like this for 10+ sec, so I clicked to refresh my browser. I got the same ^ response ^ BUT I had another page open at the bot and was able to see AND check this submission. I went back to my original page, it's now at like 30+ seconds -> it was still stuck at pending <- and refreshed the page again. It again stated that my sub was pending, so I just closed the page and came here to post a comment. Like I said, I can still see, modify, it's been scored, ect, ect so I'm happy, it's just weird..

Thanks

Beforehand the Bot would try to take all submissions at once. Case is if there are a lot of subs or some recalc going on behind the scenes that would make it very unstable (100% core load) and at certain times just stop working (Error 502)

The programmer has queued everything now, meaning if you are recalc nr 112, you will have to wait till the others are done. Depending on what is going on this takes up to 5 secs or 50 minutes. 

Why has this been done? To keep the Bot up, not matter what is running in th background. Also this is more effective on the dual core Amazon hosting, keeping the server load around the 50-60% (before it would idle at 75% load). Yes you read that right we discovered that only 2 cores of a BW-E Xeon server are reserved for the HWBot page.

This is the main the reason we are  opting for a new hosting end of the summer. Why wait?  The progammers are readying everything, though need to fight with outdated software. They have a deadline to meet, hope they can make it!

Now refreshing the page will not help, neither will resubmitting!

• 3 weeks later...

I came in a bit late with my submissions, but didn't really expect to share first place with OVIZ ?

If you wanna know how I got that geekbench 5 score, it was basically running the benchmark over and over and over and over again.

Still, great fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arni90 said:

I came in a bit late with my submissions, but didn't really expect to share first place with OVIZ ?

If you wanna know how I got that geekbench 5 score, it was basically running the benchmark over and over and over and over again.

Still, great fun.

yeah good job on that GB5 score. I struggled to keep up as I understood avx512 does make a difference is that right ? Unfortuanetly the bios versions which let me use avx512 on my 12600kf have a crap bclk clock. Whereas on my 12900k which have a stronger IMC, there is simply no AVX512 so I couldn't count on this one ?

22 minutes ago, Muut said:

yeah good job on that GB5 score. I struggled to keep up as I understood avx512 does make a difference is that right ? Unfortuanetly the bios versions which let me use avx512 on my 12600kf have a crap bclk clock. Whereas on my 12900k which have a stronger IMC, there is simply no AVX512 so I couldn't count on this one ?

Supposedly the crypto score improves with AVX512. The biggest gain I saw came from setting N:1 ratio to 7 in OS, because the BIOS fails to set the correct ratio on boot for some reason.

I mainly struggled with DRAM voltage, and booting anything above 1.70V set, but I understand that's a general Alder Lake issue.