HWBOT Community Forums

The official I am OC Genie Challenge thread.

Christian Ney

To all contestants in here, keep on being serious please, competition and fairplay are the main words (don't be kids, don't be stupid sss!)

@Massman: it's becoming a parody now... I'm sorry you have to endure all of that in a such moment man...

Edited by Eeky NoX
shame

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My board itself changes its frequency by 1Mhz not think this is such a big problem.

Funny is it for overclocking hand 1mhz fsb above.

When the option is enabled OCGENIE, bclk buttons do not function or the BIOS or with software or from elsewhere can not change fsb frequency.

yes, u can... u are a fake! :S

1Mhz in FSB is impossible... in load off course you can have an increment of 1Mhz in core clock, but not in the FSB... :S

Looking for mods almost all night and nothing, OC GENIE outcome is not affected by what will be the start of the CPU (cold or additional) read 12 reviews for OC GENIE, and everywhere regardless of CPU overclocking is about 30% -37.4% .

These two results which have been uploaded, with over 45% overclock is just to limit the potential of BCLK (+) button. I hope as MASSMAN and MSI to review everything carefully.

Even if they try to make such a% overclock with this motherboard.

The OC Genie feature does not store 'default' overclocking settings for each CPU, but is actually testing the system's overclocking capabilities. The main key to get higher overclockers through OC Genie is by making sure the BCLK limit is pushed further. This can be done by using subzero temperatures. Also, using the wrong kit of memory can reduce the OC as OC Genie sets the BCLK and then checks if the memory can handle it.

hi,

I think most of participant tried to cheat...

And all forget to shut down computer before pressing OC-GENIE button...

Maybe refresh or precise rules (shutdown before oc-genie, load optimized default in bios..) can avoid some doubts..

Otherwise, I would like to know if it is possible that the function oc-genie can change the multiplier to 24, while it's supposed to fall it and increase BCLK???

thank's for reading

hi,

I think most of participant tried to cheat...

And all forget to shut down computer before pressing OC-GENIE button...

Maybe refresh or precise rules (shutdown before oc-genie, load optimized default in bios..) can avoid some doubts..

Otherwise, I would like to know if it is possible that the function oc-genie can change the multiplier to 24, while it's supposed to fall it and increase BCLK???

thank's for reading

The system has to reboot after pressing OC Genie button before the settings are applied. You can see that Lapinoux pressed OC Genie button, then saved settings and reboot.

OC Genie is enabled.

The system has to reboot after pressing OC Genie button before the settings are applied. You can see that Lapinoux pressed OC Genie button, then saved settings and reboot.

OC Genie is enabled.

ok, I understand, but there is something that intrigues me ...

Maybe I'm wrong, but is it possible that the function OC Genie don't decrease the multiplier, while it seems to do it, usually ..??

for exemple lapinoux get stock multiplier with i7 860 (x21) while every body have x18...

I do not want to doubt Lapinoux, I just wonder questions

(sorry in my previous post a made a mistake about multiplier x24...)

thx

ok, I understand, but there is something that intrigues me ...

Maybe I'm wrong, but is it possible that the function OC Genie don't decrease the multiplier, while it seems to do it, usually ..??

for exemple lapinoux get stock multiplier with i7 860 (x21) while every body have x18...

I do not want to doubt Lapinoux, I just wonder questions

(sorry in my previous post a made a mistake about multiplier x24...)

thx

MSI is checking it out now.

rests οoc genie and close before do save .because do reboot and not shown yellow letters oc genie(do not load optimized because it has done before overclock and save without bios oc enable ,button only do enable).I do not blame anyone but echokanei tests