HWBOT Community Forums

Old school is Best school ... revive thread

My proposal is classic.
Plain and simple stages , no unicorns needed for someone that wants to have fun.

3DMark03
Nvidia GeForce (AGP) history revival

Stage 1 : 1x NV10 score

Stage 2 : 1x NV15 score

Stage 3 : 1x NV20 score

Stage 4 : 1x NV25 score

Bonus Stage : 1x NV28 score (GF4 Ti 4200 or GF4 Ti 4800SE only)

PiFast
Fastest SDRAM

Stage 1 : 1x socket370 score

Stage 2 : 1x socket462 score

Bonus Stage : 1x socket478 score (Willamette core only)

• Like 1

Thats well over a grand in GPUs...

Make it actually afordable to go out and buy cards to have fun, one ATI one Nvidia and NV17/RV280 then it's like cheapaz but with GPUs we'd never get for cheapaz cause too old :D Maybe consider making Nvidia one 01 and ATI one 03 running single test of 03 is no fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TAGG said:

Thats well over a grand in GPUs...

Make it actually afordable to go out and buy cards to have fun, one ATI one Nvidia and NV17/RV280 then it's like cheapaz but with GPUs we'd never get for cheapaz cause too old :D Maybe consider making Nvidia one 01 and ATI one 03 running single test of 03 is no fun.

To be honest , i took as granted that almost all of us , have atleast one of each NV core.

But still , cant be that expensive ... (i see most price range is from 15 to 70 euro and the geforce256 is the most expensive at 90++)

https://www.ebay.at/sch/i.html?item=395320642025&rt=nc&_ssn=henengelber0&_pgn=1

https://www.ebay.at/sch/i.html?_nkw=geforce+4+ti&_sop=2

Edited by TASOS

12 minutes ago, TASOS said:

To be honest , i took as granted that almost all of us , have atleast one of each NV core.

But still , cant be that expensive ... (i see most price range is from 15 to 70 euro and the geforce256 is the most expensive at 90++)

Well yes and no... The entry level stuff isn't expensive but now check what geforce 256 DDR + GF2 Ultra + GF3 Ti 500 + GF4 ti 4600 + GF4 ti 4800 SE costs... I'm not complaining for my own sake obviously as i have that lineup, heck i have multiple of most of them and it would probably help motivate me to bin them and sell some but imo competitions should be designed to attract as many people as possible and that's pretty hard if you know right away that you won't have a chance to be competitive.

To be honest,  OSIBS is and always has been geared toward a very small percentage of members. 

Same dozen or so guys all the time are the ones who show interest. 

We all know who each other is. :)

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1