HWBOT Community Forums

Team Cup 2024 design thread

• Crew

Date from 01st of the July till 31st of August?? or same as last year from 15th of July till September 15th?

Split up in 5 main segments with 4 stages, each stage requiring 2-3 scores

• AMD CPU: 4 stages
  • Intel CPU: 4 stages

• AMD/ATI GPU: 4 stages
  • nVIDIA GPU: 4 stages

• Miscellaneous: 4 stages

• Crew

AMD CPU 

stage1: Cinebench R11.5 AM2 - 3 scores

stage 2: 7-Zip 3x cores AM3 - 3 scores

stage 3: GPUPI  for CPU 1B : Pinnacle and Summit/Ridge CPUs only AM4 - 3 scores

stage 4: Geekbench 3: 2x, 4x , 8x and 12 cores AM4/AM5 CPU (no X3D) - 4 scores

• Crew

INTEL CPU

stage1: Superpi 32M Xeon LGA1366 - 3 scores

stage 2: Pifast LGA1156 - 3 scores

stage 3: Cinebench R20 DDR4 Core I5 - 4 scores

stage 4: HWBOT X265 4K - Score divided by core amount - LGA1700 Non K  12th gen - 3 scores

• Thanks 1

• Crew

AMD/ATI GPU:

stage1:   3DMark05 X1000 series - 3 scores

stage 2: 3DMark03 HD5000 series 2 x crossfire of single GPU cards - 3 scores

stage 3: SkyDiver Radeon RX single GPU  (Polaris 20-21 and Ellesmere core) - 3 scores

stage 4: GPUPI v3.3 32B  - 3 scores

• Crew

nVIDIA GPU

stage1: Unigine SuperPosition 1080p Xtreme - GeForce 400 series

stage 2: 3Dmark11 Extreme single GPU GeForce 550/560/560Ti - 3 scores

stage 3: TimeSpy single GPU GeForce 700 series (no ASUS MARS or Titans) - 3 scores

stage 4: Vantage Extreme Dual GPU on single PCB ( no Titans ) - 3 scores

• Crew

Miscellaneous stage:

stage1: Dogpile reference frequency , No limits - 50 points

stage 2:  Pifast - DFI Lan Party Mobos only (CPU socket) DDR1, 2, 3 subs only - 30 points

stage 3: PYPrime 32B DDR 2-3-4 - 30 points

stage 4: 3DMark 2001SE - No limits (Titans allowed)

20 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Date from 01st of the July till 31st of August

Split up in 5 main segments with 4 stages, each stage requiring 2-3 scores

• AMD CPU: 4 stages
  • Intel CPU: 4 stages

• AMD/ATI GPU: 4 stages
  • nVIDIA GPU: 4 stages

• Miscellaneous: 4 stages

Which are the proper dates? 

IMG_2422.jpeg

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

stage1: Dogpile reference frequency - 50 points

Could I suggest that there be a limitation on the dogpile stage, assuming it stays this way, that it's by/per socket? That way, it isn't just an exercise in which team can source the most of the 30+ different pga478 socket chipsets, the most of the 60+ different lga775 socket chipsets, the most of the ~17 different lga1155 chipsets, etc. There are still plenty of different sockets to make it a dogpile, but it just makes it so a team just has (or needs) one good z87 score rather than "needing" a h81, b85, q85, h87, q87, z87, h97, and z97 (and also c222, c224 and c226) just for lga1150, for example. So, a team can try to win it on brute forcing different sockets, but not just on the strength of who can find the most of each of the less common chipsets.

Also, what would be the ruling on mobile/laptop chipsets? Might be a bunch of work at the end to sort through to make sure there are no laptops with mobile chipsets, but still allowing for if there are obscure-ish desktop boards using mobile chipsets, or something. Allowing them would still at least have some limitations with the per-socket limitation and would require less work and less potential controversy later for what is and isn't allowed with regards to weird/obscure mobos and scores getting pulled at the end, especially if rig pics aren't required (like for the aquamark dogpile last CC).

Edit: Also, just adding a submission limit won't fully solve the potential issue of some sockets having a lot of high clocking chipsets, since you still just run into the situation where you have a bunch of high clocking stuff on say 775 or something, even if the other half of them are mediocre. But, a submission limit wouldn't necessarily be a *bad* thing, even if it's just there to prevent filling another 20-30 submissions with random mobile/bga socket stuff. I figure there are probably at least 25 "common" sockets that I think people still bench or at least would have easy enough access to--478, 754, 939, am1, am2, am2+, am3, am3+, am4, am5, fm1, fm2, fm2+, tr4, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066, 1156, 1155, 1150, 1151, 1151v2, 1200, 1700. I also may have missed a couple. Sure, some of them don't clock high and might be outdone by random mobile stuff, but add in a few extra spots for some of the slightly less common stuff that people might still want to pull out, like maybe 370, 423, 462, etc, and even having a limit of 30 or 40 subs per team could still make it competitive and force teams to still actually push the limits, rather than only relying on brute-forcing it with like 50+ scores, as much as I wouldn't mind it having a reason to pull out and bench all my random hardware.

Edited by yee245

• Crew
20 minutes ago, ale belo said:

7zip 3x cores only native 3 cores cpu or valid the unlocked cores?

I love this stage,probably break 20K

it was chosen to push the globals for this benchmark Ale, it's not for native cores only since you can unlock (but not disable cores)

5 minutes ago, moi_kot_lybit_moloko said:

7zip cant parallel 3 cores

I had this problem with some cpu, even with ycruncher 1b. some work, some don't, I think it's caused by the unlock sequence