HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge June 2011 thread.

I.nfraR.ed

back on topic: is there anybody with experience using a Soyo 5EHM mainboard and K6-2 400 Cpu? Also: does PCMark 2004 takes graphics much in consideration to calculate the final score? e.g.: instead of using my trustworthy Geforce mx2 i could use something more powerfull. ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachment.php?attachmentid=977&stc=1&d=1307378598

will fit or will work? ;)

is agp 2x compatible to agp 4/8x oder to agp 1x?

If 8x/4x card fits in 2x slot it will work, because it's designed to be universal.

From my agp cards: FX5900Ultra and Radeon 9800Pro should work, 9550, 3850 and X1950GT - not. But I don't have K6 platform.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I had a really big problem running PCMark04 on dual-cores. The Multithread Test 3 failed on Grammar Check, and no give me a score, only running at "single core mode", and it naturally down my score dramatically. What the solution for this problem? Affinity? Dark spell? lol

I had a really big problem running PCMark04 on dual-cores. The Multithread Test 3 failed on Grammar Check, and no give me a score, only running at "single core mode", and it naturally down my score dramatically. What the solution for this problem? Affinity? Dark spell? lol

http://www.futuremark.com/support/pcmark04/

I think that is affinity or you haven't installed WME 9.

grammar sucks - wait until you try and try and run ATI cards...everyone I have had so far as caused me problems.

Since Opty won't spill the beans I'll let you in on the secret so you can catch him. Register your PCmark04 and simply run Grammar Check first by itself (its under CPU tests) and then run the regular System Suite and it should work.

Or you could use a program that changes your affinity based on time clock. You would have to time it to get it to run in sync with the Grammar check test and it would automatically switch the affinity between single and dual core for you. Haven't tested to see if this is actually practical though.

Good luck!

Edited by Rasparthe
Added more info

I got a problem to run PCMark04 on Win 7, look this:

error_wmpakgs.jpg

WME9 installed and is OK, the problem is just with WMP...:(

Any suggestion?

Q: PCMark04 reports that I need Windows Media Player/Encoder 9 even if I already have Windows Media Player 10 installed.

A: PCMark04 works correctly with MediaPlayer 10, but you'll still need to separately download and install Windows Media Encoder 9 as version 9 is the latest Windows Media Encoder available. You may see a notification about this even if you have Media Player 9 or later and Media Encoder 9 installed. PCMark04 will work correctly despite the message during installation

In other words, ignore the message and run the benchmark.

I got a problem to run PCMark04 on Win 7, look this:

error_wmpakgs.jpg

WME9 installed and is OK, the problem is just with WMP...:(

Any suggestion?

In other words, ignore the message and run the benchmark.

Works fine for me, brother. See the attachment. Try to run it.

grammar sucks - wait until you try and try and run ATI cards...everyone I have had so far as caused me problems.

Since Opty won't spill the beans I'll let you in on the secret so you can catch him. Register your PCmark04 and simply run Grammar Check first by itself (its under CPU tests) and then run the regular System Suite and it should work.

Or you could use a program that changes your affinity based on time clock. You would have to time it to get it to run in sync with the Grammar check test and it would automatically switch the affinity between single and dual core for you. Haven't tested to see if this is actually practical though.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I'll do it. X2 4200+ challenge will continue :D. With my pretty zoombies HDDs lol

As my brother says: "I loev it".