HWBOT Community Forums

Validation only sucks!

BenchBros

You want to change the rules for score submitting?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. You want to change the rules for score submitting?

• All is OK how it is atm
    • Screenshot & Validation for Top20

Hey guys,

We want to show you our point of view to a rule of hwbot.org.

U all know that for a top 20 rank ONLY a Validation is needed.

But we all know that ORB Validations don't show right CPU Clocks, right GFX Clocks, how many GPUs are used and so on. No Memory clocks, and no Latencys are shown.

Same on wprime validation and auto upload.

CPU clocks are read out wrong, no Memory Freq, no Memory Latencys ...

Yes ok, the scores are legal because the results are realy this what the guys have reached.

But for comparing to others this is not so nice.

What do you guys think about?

best regards BenchBros

FM validation is insufficient to easy check score and been protected from cheats, but it is a fastest way to save score, where it needed.

p.s.sorry my poor english =(

understood exactly:)

Many times in benching there was only enough time for me to save validation as system would crash soon after....now if they want to change the rules that is fine too:)

Gotta agree here. SS and validation should be required for all benches ('cept maybe the CPU-z validation benchmark) There is much more intersting info to a benchmark than the valid final score w/sub-scores.

My vote would go for both validation (link) AND screenshot for the top 20, and it wouldn't hurt if others made it a habit to supply both either-

I - personaly - FIRSTLY save a screenshot from the bench and AFTERWARDS I save the benchmark's file...... :D

Ask k|ngp|n and Shamino when they came to Athens to bench together, what they show when we took the 2k6 WR.... :D

Lately, I've uploaded 1 or 2 validated links BUT I did that because it wasn't worthing the whole bench and I was just run it low - so I didn't screen capture anything (ain't) worth it.... :)

Lately YES it's "common" NOT to upload a screenshot in TOP20, a "fashion" that Vince has started... :D:P

To be honest, yes it's prefairable to FAST-SAVE the 3DMark file during a WR, than try to screencupture everything...

Though I prefair the screen cupture MORE than the validated link.... :(

Doesn't make any sense to invalidate a score just because a screenshot isn't there. hwbot is supposed to be a database and a valid score is a valid score. You can't say it never happened just because a screenshot isn't there; the fm link is proof.

BenchBros is not saying that a score is not valid if there is no screenshot. He's just saying that with a screenshot it will be better to compare results and have a better monitoring of the frequencies.

Also, for Wprime a screenshot would better (I mean even for result moderation) since sometimes the detection of the CPU is completely wrong.

Doesn't make any sense to invalidate a score just because a screenshot isn't there. hwbot is supposed to be a database and a valid score is a valid score. You can't say it never happened just because a screenshot isn't there; the fm link is proof.

I don't see the point to invalidate any actual score, but many people out there would appreciate it to have a screenshot, additionally to a FM Link.

It can't be that hard. And even if it is, your opponents will have the same problems - so it's fair again.

btw: impressive advancement in your scores the last days!