HWBOT Community Forums

The official LANparty NFII Ultra B motherboard discussion thread.

Massman

That's probably correct. Most bios modders, including myself, usually "borrow" the DFI's 6-19 romsip table for our other boards bios'. I run a fully modded AN7 and I can only get to around 255-260 on the FSB. There are a couple others at CP who can go to around 280. BH-5 and the voltage to use it are a must though.;) Take care of that board my friend. It is an almost un-replaceable icon in the OC'ing community.:)

That's probably correct. Most bios modders, including myself, usually "borrow" the DFI's 6-19 romsip table for our other boards bios'. I run a fully modded AN7 and I can only get to around 255-260 on the FSB. There are a couple others at CP who can go to around 280. BH-5 and the voltage to use it are a must though.;) Take care of that board my friend. It is an almost un-replaceable icon in the OC'ing community.:)

Trying to find one is next to impossible nowadays so do take care of it. If you do see them now, you'd have to shell out major $$'s just to get your hands on it and you have to hope it's not something that's been thrashed to the point it could actually be "Worn out" since most hang onto these if they are any good at all. I'm lucky to have the DFI Infinity NF2 I have and it's not a great performer in comparision (So far).

Good luck with the LanParty Massman.

• Crew
NF2 doesn't cope all too well with TCCD
Why, maybe the subtimings?

And besides, Massman - I hope you know that the DFI board (and Epox 8RDA3+) are a bit slower, than Abit, Soltek, Asus for example? And that the rev2 Nforce2 (the one with official 200FSB) are all slower to get more FSB frequency.

Edited by Antinomy

I may have expressed myself incorrectly: NF2 doesn't benefit from TCCD because the northbridge is the limiting factor. So, switching to CL2,5 for TCCD doesn't help you to get higher FSB. And CL2 > CL2,5 if FSB remains equal.

Further more, if you can do 280CL2, you need like 330CL2,5 for same performance.