HWBOT Community Forums

Hardware sharing

http://hwbot.org/submission/2193909_rbuass_3dmark11___performance_geforce_gtx_580_11530_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/2195732_

sure enough that the scores were old. but this only proves they share hardware. "upload this score coz you are benching now". no more points for rbuass but the practice of hardware sharing is obvious.

this is against the rules.

b29200ab.png

original submissions - cropping technique lmao

e05112c1.png

5b05a11d.png

proving hardware sharing ONLY with screenshot is kinda difficult.

i mean, ok, they have the same desktop background, same hardware and CPU and GPU frequency (and also DRAM timings) are very similar but: this is a 3d benchmark, so you can share everything (also the OS) EXCEPT video card.

it is possible that first they have benched the first VGA, then took it off and plugged a second one.

i don't think there is a way to detect via software if the cards where really swapped or if they just used one and uploaded 2 results made with the same card.

if like i'm sure it is there is no way to detect the serial number of the cards used we are done, you can't really prove they are sharing.

I think this was already discussed a long time ago (and it it's obviously a sharing case, the clock + similarities in screenshots almost prove that 100%), and the verdict was misunderstanding of the rules regarding sharing or something like that, so no penalty given.

proving hardware sharing ONLY with screenshot is kinda difficult.

i mean, ok, they have the same desktop background, same hardware and CPU and GPU frequency (and also DRAM timings) are very similar but: this is a 3d benchmark, so you can share everything (also the OS) EXCEPT video card.

it is possible that first they have benched the first VGA, then took it off and plugged a second one.

i don't think there is a way to detect via software if the cards where really swapped or if they just used one and uploaded 2 results made with the same card.

if like i'm sure it is there is no way to detect the serial number of the cards used we are done, you can't really prove they are sharing.

You are right Mafio!

But there are one more thing to be consider.

We do not live in a place like USA, where we can buy what we want at Newegg, Fry's, Compusa, etc.

So...will be needed to create a rule to "do not sell VGA", because selled card will have same serial (if it can be detected).

I just sell lots and lots of VGAs...and it is usual at our foruns.

I just sell hardmodded cards, brand new cards, and I just hardmodded card to friends.

For example, I have no more GTX 580, HD 5870, GTX 480, etc...because it was selled (or killed)

I think hwbot can think about to be mandatory to make a video or something like this...(I don't know if is possible).

I can assure I did my results and he did his own, and he will show it in Taiwan.

Edited by rbuass