HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Z77 OC Contest thread.

GENiEBEN

Okay, seems like there was a timing-alignment issue: the competition was closed before the stages were closed. Timing-alignment is a fancy word for me actually messing up.

Solution: we'll open the competition one more week (closing July 9, 23:59 GMT+2) so everyone has an equal chance :).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This competition was pretty much shit to be honest. This is nothing against Christian and splmann but actually when the competition was over I was first and uncle fester was 3rd. Now I am 3rd and he is only 4th.

This is like telling a F1 driver that he has to finish 56 laps. He finishes them at the first place and slows down his car. Others overtake him and now the race-control says "ohhh hey - we fucked up the lap-counter and you have to do 57 laps...."

This competition was set as "submit before June 30th" means at 29th at midnight the contest is over. "before" means in front of the 30th and not during the 30th or until the end of the 30th. This is actually quite clear.

And don't tell me I had the chance to submit new results aswell because I had 5 exams at my uni the whole last week. That's why I benched everything in front and there was no need to improve my results being 1st/2nd.

Leave it like it is now but think about stuff like this in future!

Edited by der8auer

Yea that's another thing I already forgot about.

First I submitted a wPrime1024m score of my old (dead) cpu. (older result!) Which was a well known result due to the global 2nd rank. Well my result got deleted with the reason "old scores are not allowed".

Meh and where was the proof the others did not just resubmitt their scores? Not quite fair to be honest.

But I'm going to bed because I have another exam tomorrow and other things to think about :P Just think about stuff like this in future competitions.

Edited by der8auer