HWBOT Community Forums

Christian Ney - Celeron M 540 @ 3360MHz - 13049 marks PCMark 2005

aslanwas

Rules in threads => complain official rules not updated

Update official rules => complain the real rules are in threads

The official rules can be found here, everything else is discussion stuff. The Result.txt was suggested by some people around 24/10/2012, obviously you can't make it a rule instantly without annoucement.

If it's listed in the thread as "As of this date, results.txt is required" then yes, I expect that to be a rule.

Other people, including me, were being held to the rules in that existed only in that thread in october, in november, and in december.

Clearly I'm bucking the tide here so I'll give up, gotta say I'd be shocked if anybody else got away with this.

Isn't any photoshopped SS a ban? Come on.

Edited by Bobnova

There's a difference between this requirement and the tweak discussion, as that was more kind of a help for you so you didn't post more subs that would've been blocked later anyway. That's a very good reason to give some sort of "rule like" advice there. I bet alot of you would've been rather pissed if you posted a nice score on one day, and the next day all of a sudden a wild newspost appears and your score is officially invalid.

I don't quite get the fuzz about the txt requirement, it's rather easy to add, and AFAIK no 2012 scores were blocked because that tab was missing.

• Crew

Isnt the same , CN no phoshop for cheat, he only add information.

Isn't the same like phoshoped gpu-z clocks, cpu-z mhz or improve the result in the benchmark (any benchmark), he only add information in the old screen, and he added that for this discussion. :)

Isnt the same , CN no phoshop for cheat, he only add information.

Isn't the same like phoshoped gpu-z clocks, cpu-z mhz or improve the result in the benchmark (any benchmark), he only add information in the old screen, and he added that for this discussion. :)

Alex, I understand the reason why it was done, but it sets a bad example. Now others will try the same thing to add missing info and think it's ok to do so in this method, and then use CN's sub as an example to say "see it was ok here".

Wait, so I can add the missing results.txt to my teams submissions now?

I can edit the SS I took with two CPUz CPU and no CPUz mem tabs now?

It was, I assume, done as a (poor) joke. Are you saying this is legal now too?

If something in a thread is billed as an official rule, by a moderator, the assumption is that it is a rule. If it's NOT, please be specific about that.

Y'all are moderators, your word is literally law. Please keep that in mind when posting! Ney's latest is to show us that it's OK to PS screenshots, as long as you do a bad job and don't increase the score.

• Crew

No that is not legal of course (only in this case) Christian can upload again your old screen (original screen), by the way all submission of PCM'05, until today 16/1/2013 ( this date for me ) will be "checked ok".

Only until today this bench will be ok without result.txt, after today will be blocked ;)

Edit: Sorry i write before by after, Sweet !!! pay atention !!! :P

sigh and sigh.......

Alex, I understand the reason why it was done, but it sets a bad example. Now others will try the same thing to add missing info and think it's ok to do so in this method, and then use CN's sub as an example to say "see it was ok here".

I hope what I wrote before, in part respond to your complaint.

your word is literally law

Yep i hope this bro. like i write to Scotty i hope that in part, respond at your demand.

Relax man , he already rebenched and will post the new score soon... don't get so arroused that's my job here

All loves you, but I dont :P

Regards my friends

Edited by Sweet

If it's listed in the thread as "As of this date, results.txt is required" then yes, I expect that to be a rule.

Other people, including me, were being held to the rules in that existed only in that thread in october, in november, and in december.

Clearly I'm bucking the tide here so I'll give up, gotta say I'd be shocked if anybody else got away with this.

Score blocked and discussion opened on the staff forum.

Editing essential information of a benchmark verification screenshot is NOT allowed.