• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bios V1.0B2x

Bios V1.0B29

Bios V1.0B31

Bios V1.0B32

Bios V1.0B34

(right-click and save)

Don't touch anything before B30. These were very early BIOS releases and contained a lot of bugs. First BIOS that gave me decent results was the B31 (read: DDR3-2000+ with B2B=0). B32 and B34 fix the other subtiming settings in the bios, but you can also check B31 and do the subtimings in CPU-Tweaker I guess.

If you test older bioses for better ram clocking, please give some feedback if there's a dramatic improvement so the guys at MSI can look back at a previous bios and see what they changed.

FYI, this is the changelog of V1.3B2

- Fix WIN7 system very slow when 12G memory and N480GTX 2-way issue.

- Fixed the Base CLK 200 and Dram Freq 2000 S3 resume fail issue.

- Patch the Dram tWR timing cannot change for CPU-Tweaker tool.

- Patch Corsair 1600 4GB Dram volt.

- Update the Dram OC Solution

- Add JMB362 C version OPROM.

- OCZ patch memory solution.

- Fix HCT function can't enable.

- Fix Sata device on remove list in win7.

Did anyone had problems with QPI voltage over 1.4v on subzero? On air works perfectly but on LN2 doesn't boot and if Iset through OC Dashboard it freezes...

Also, same CPU that had no coldbug on E760, on XPower has -145 :)

Hey Massman, :) So I updated my bios.. I tried every single one you posted.. corsair dominator gt / A-data xpg / dominator gtx will freeze in windows above 925mhz with the latest bios. I dont know what the deal is... My cpu likes 1.50 vtt and subzero cooling.. 1.74v - 1.80v on the dram.. Also, it makes me feel like an overclocking noob now since it freezes in windows at 4.40ghz.. Just not right.. pifast will run up to 6500mhz on this chip I have on the rampage lll extreme.. I love the xpower because of it's features and it's easy to use but this memory thing is killin me. Thanks so much man for all your posts!! :D

It only freezes with the latest one? Or with all of them?

I used the Dominator GTX2 in my testing, not sure if that's also what you've been using? There should be an XPG kit on the way, so I'll be able to test more soon.

It's a very strange issue :D

If that's with B2B=0 then it's impressive :D

I think it was ... I wouldn't see how it could be any different. I'm hoping to get my 980X ES back soon to do some more testing with the latest bioses.

Can you share some of the timings you're setting? Or other BIOS settings. I know you know this kind of stuff by heart, but maybe there's something you've overlooked :D

Awesome results there!! was that using the gtx2 or gtx3? :)

Kingston HyperX. No Hyper chips.

This was also with B2B=0

2150c7.png

Hey massman... I did these for you.. I can clock the memory high on other boards.. My scores are not very good because of my timings but just an example.. Cheers!

I was never good at cpu tests.. I love the xpower, just wish it loved me back :D

6700.png

bestpifast-1.png

bestpi1m.png