HWBOT Community Forums

[beta] HWBOT Prime - x86 / ARM / Windows / Linux / Mac bench

3.x and up currently. A tabbed layout does not work by default on 2.x, but I will check to see how much work it would be to make backwards compatible. The annoyance is I don't have a 2.x device to test, and the simulator is waaay too slow.

Got it. Old Android phones go for about $50, should be way better than the simulator (I hate it too).

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always saves to file, and submits your best score automatically unless offline mode is enabled.

If the device is not known yet it can not be submitted, but it alerts our hardware mods to add it to the db.

Where is the file stored? I can't wait for the device to be added, that's why I'd like to save to a file (sdcard?) and manually upload it on a PC at a later date. Most of the times the CPU/SoC is there but it won't recognize the device by its name.

Also noted a bug: Broadcom devices won't upload because the GPU is set to the same name as CPU and it will moan about API error. Same error on desktop, you just have to replace the gpu name (with Broadcom IV HW i.e.). Same bug for Tegra 3 devices, it sets the GPU name to "NVIDIA GeForce" and won't upload unless changed.

PS: Great app, just this quirk needs a fix :D

Would a dump file option as Borandi suggested not be a good option? Getting a database for all these Android devices is a lot more difficult than building a CPU database I understand so just trying to help with the best way going forward.

If the programme detects that the device isn't on the database, could it not run some sort of detection programme and then automatically upload the data to the HWBot database?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pieter, did you think of a guideline on how to add new devices? I tend to bench at least 2 strange devices a day and it's frustrating not being able to upload them. I need to know how much information you need for a new device, I can work with Karl on this.

Also what seems a bug happened to me again. Benched the app on Blackberry Q10, it works just fine (~850pps) but when it comes to uploading it there's an "API error". Tried reinstalling to no avail.

Another bug (or intended feature?) is that your score disappears when you change display orientation.

It's possible to add devices but the api is totally different: it accepts an excel file in the pdadb format. Pieter-Jan can give you an example.

I'd rather have a web interface for this. Mainly because there is such a wide range of SoCs. If you don't type the right name in the excel sheet, it will create a new SoC entry, which then has to be linked to the correct CPU etc.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the deal with prime subs marked with 'invalid' checksum? Are they OK to stay in rankings?

OT: Please push the small patch I posted on github.

I'd rather have a web interface for this. Mainly because there is such a wide range of SoCs. If you don't type the right name in the excel sheet, it will create a new SoC entry, which then has to be linked to the correct CPU etc.

Can you do it meanwhile? Will a CPUZ validation be enough info?

EDIT: Can you take the .project out of ignore list?

Edited by GENiEBEN

• 1 month later...

In the next Android version can you improve OS detection? Many started running under alternatives (linux) and they score ridiculously higher, but since there is no screenshot you can't tell.

For the desktop version it will be nice to show the Java version used somewhere in the GUI or on the result's page.

• 1 month later...