HWBOT Community Forums

Impossible to revival? (260GTX)

After popping in this GFX card, this little black resistor/transistor, whatever this should be, caught a little flame ending up in no screen and a sound..

I cleaned the space around it, popped it back in-->fans are spinning, my mainboard doesn't give any error, yet no screen.

Now I have death 470gtx on it's way, would it be worthwhile or should I try to replace this cap? Or are chances slim to zero of getting this card back up and running?

Thanx!

dscn0069s.jpg

I think you are better off retiring it, then spending money on the parts to fix it and maybe not fixing it still

I was thinking the same to be honest, however I saw people doing the craziest shit before with the power circuit so I thought why not try it :D (simply cause it died before I could even say hello to it lol )

You have burnt mosfet and now it makes a short. You can remove it and maybe GPU will start to work. If PCB didn't melt (traces inside PCB) and nothing more died, there is a chance you can replace it, but if you don't even know what the part is called, I think you don't have soldering skills or tools to do it :)

You have burnt mosfet and now it makes a short. You can remove it and maybe GPU will start to work. If PCB didn't melt (traces inside PCB) and nothing more died, there is a chance you can replace it, but if you don't even know what the part is called, I think you don't have soldering skills or tools to do it :)

My previous job 7 years ago was soldering smd , leds, resistors..with a decent weller station soldering should not be any problem. Getting the right component probably will be the thoughest job. And mosfet lol yes word didn't cross my mind.

Thnx for the input, will use this info and see what I can do. Report later..

My previous job 7 years ago was soldering smd , leds, resistors..with a decent weller station soldering should not be any problem. Getting the right component probably will be the thoughest job. And mosfet lol yes word didn't cross my mind.

Thnx for the input, will use this info and see what I can do. Report later..

haha you made my day ;)

good luck with repairing gpu :)