HWBOT Community Forums

Remove category

Yeah I agree it doesn't exist, the names were chosen based on the pattern set by AMD, since this cpu and others never seen the retail light. The alternative will be to name it after its P/N.

Most likely you will not even see another person uploading scores for this cpu :D

Yeah I agree it doesn't exist, the names were chosen based on the pattern set by AMD, since this cpu and others never seen the retail light. The alternative will be to name it after its P/N.

Most likely you will not even see another person uploading scores for this cpu :D

If you're referring to it being a TWKR cpu, there is already a category for that. Maybe merge them then?

There is no way that there is only one X4 915 in the world. If there is, I'd like to see a pic attached to those subs.

:) Thank you for your support. I'm not looking to make a rule change or anything here (although it's probably a good idea). This is not some uber rare cpu. It just plain doesn't exist. Show me some shred of anything, anywhere on the internet that says it does. Even AMD's own documents make no mention of a PII X4 915 anywhere, ES or otherwise. Show me a picture and end this right here.

Matter of fact, how did that even get a category made for it? I believe it requires a CPU-Z shot or a link to a site like CPU-World. The CPU-Z shot says it's a TWKR. I see no mention of any 915 BE anywhere.

Not trying to insult anybody here but, I can just make up my own category and put a random SS on it too. That doesn't mean there actually is one.

Edited by Mr.Scott

• Crew

I understand what you are up to. You should remember how I was requesting another category, the bugged Pentium 2 Deschutes category to be deleted ;) so it's the same case - a non-existent CPU.

But how can it be an X2 215 if the X2 215 is an Regor with only two physical cores?

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon%20II%20X2%20215%20-%20ADX215OCK22GQ.html

Maybe we'll invite Bruce here - it might be an ES with unique specs that was named as 915 just for convenience.

But in addition I like Sam's idea as I've suggested the same several years ago for rare CPUs.

Edited by Antinomy

But how can it be an X2 215 if the X2 215 is an Regor with only two physical cores?

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon%20II%20X2%20215%20-%20ADX215OCK22GQ.html

I've heard tale of unlocked 215's. Might even be one here already.

Reference- http://www.overclock.net/t/1005739/what-unlocks-the-unlockable-cpu-reference-list/0_100

Found- http://hwbot.org/submission/2209789_yin92_cpu_frequency_athlon_ii_x2_215_4455.15_mhz

Some of the really early Athlon II stuff was locked down Deneb. Really really early.

I don't remember if that included X2s though. I know it did X3 and X4.

Well......I have a 215 sitting right in front of me right now.

ADX215OCK22GQ CAEEC AE 0931GPDW

This is about 3 weeks after the release date. Here's to hoping it's an infamous unlocker. :)

It might be a Athlon II 915! or Phenom II 915! Or whatever the hell it is we're talking about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I just lay my hands on a TWKR, set the multi to 13, and submit it as a 915 and have exactly the same amount of verification that the current 915s have?

Am I missing something, or is it really that easy to "have" a 915?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I just lay my hands on a TWKR, set the multi to 13, and submit it as a 915 and have exactly the same amount of verification that the current 915s have?

Am I missing something, or is it really that easy to "have" a 915?

That my friend, is exactly what this thread is about. Since there is no such thing as a 915, and it's very easy to fraud, is why the category needs to be removed and pictures need to be added. Since the SS says TWKR, that's where it needs to go. Not 915.

:celebration:

I'll post a screenie if this chip unlocks.

(ES) has been added to all those made up CPUs.

Knut provided pics and codes for those CPUs to the staff, he will make individual pics of the CPUs and add to submissions later.

How much later?

If the staff has the pics already, why can't you put them up now and satisfy the request?, or is this just another 'sweep it under the rug' scenario?