Z87 Statistics

Last updated 18/07/2013

• 2026 overclocking results
  • 238 overclockers
  • 73 mainboards
  • 41 mainboards used
  • 10 manufacturers

• Top-5 most popular brands: Asus, GIGABYTE, MSI, ASRock, Biostar
  • Top-5 mainboard by submissions: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, MSI Z87 MPower Max, Asus Z87-Pro, Asus Maximus VI Hero
  • Top-5 mainboard by users: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, MSI Z87 MPower Max, ASRock Z87M OC Formula, ASRock Z87 OC Formula
  • Top-5 mainboard by LN2 users: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC , Asus Maximus VI Extreme, MSI Z87 MPower Max, ASRock Z87 OC Formula, ASRock Z87M OC Formula
  • Top-5 most popular cpus: Core i7 4770K, Core i5 4670K, Core i5 4570, Xeon E3-1280 V3, Core i5 4430

• Top-5 most used CPU cooling: Water Cooling (31,04%), Liquid Nitrogen (23,40%), Air Cooling (22,24%), Single Stage (7,78%), Cascade (5,61%)

• Most results with Z87 Haswell (user): Chispy (72 results)
  • Most results with Z87 Haswell (team): PURE (142 results)
  • Most different CPUs used (user): Chotonito (3 cpus)
  • Most different CPUs used (team): ARX, PURE, Extreme Box OC TEAM, Overclock.net (3 cpus)
  • Most different mainboards used (user): Hades, Froxic (5 mainboards)
  • Most different mainboards used (team): PURE (12 mainboards)

- Asus Maximus VI Extreme

--- 0035: download

//edit:

- GIGABYTE GTL v2.0 B13.0711.1: GTL-2.0B13.0711.1.rar

- Asus Maximus VI Formula

- Asus Maximus VI Gene

- Asus Maximus VI Impact

Would happen to have 0035 For the M6H? Thanks!

Edit: I'm thinking 0020 which is already in OP is the latest for M6H :)

Updated GIGABYTE and a bunch of MSI BIOSes. Some of the MSI BIOSes are older versions I just added to complete the list. There are a couple new ones, though!

- MSI Z87 XPower

--- 1.16: download

- MSI Z87 MPower Max

--- 1.32: download

--- 1.2: download

- MSI Z87-G43

--- 1.42: download

--- 1.41: download

- MSI Z87 MPower

--- 1.42: download

- MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

--- 1.44: download

--- 1.3: download

- MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming

--- 1.43: download

--- 1.36: download

--- 1.35: download

--- 1.34: download

- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H

--- F6 download

- GIGABYTE Z87X-OC

--- F5 download

• Crew

Bios is test version A11, performance is not yet up to par with the other high end boards, but the improvement is huge in regards of performance and compatibility.

the comparison is between 1.19 ( bottom pic) and the A11 (think it reads out as 1.2B10 or something, have to crosscheck tonite...)

• Crew

A11 bios for Z87 XPOWER (on request): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66364457/MSI/Z87XPOWER/E7811IMS.zip !!!FLASH AT OWN RISK !!!

FPT Flash DOS tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66364457/MSI/Z87XPOWER/FPT.zip

Command: Fpt –f e7811ims.11a -savemac ( don't forget the -savemac, otherwise your lan port might stop working ! )

Edited by Leeghoofd

which is the best bios for giga z87-oc for ln2?

thanks ;-)

j see any score with b15?

yea he will post it when he gets up it ill be like b15. Still better than B11, and there will be more updates as well.

Youll get your vDIMM VRM/PWM restrictions all gone too, lilke 2.4v no OVP. stuff like that. But also should have some better compatibility with inputting settings, but you might need to use advanced manual mode more than you like. lol

yea he will post it when he gets up it ill be like b15. Still better than B11, and there will be more updates as well.

Youll get your vDIMM VRM/PWM restrictions all gone too, lilke 2.4v no OVP. stuff like that. But also should have some better compatibility with inputting settings, but you might need to use advanced manual mode more than you like. lol

excellent!! where can I find it? XDXDXD

j love manual mode ASD

here: https://www.facebook.com/teamauoc

http://www.mediafire.com/?byu5xiuom51mwa4

A couple notes i want to add:

To change RTLs different per channel(the board might auto do this correctly, but if it doesn't, then you will need to use fully manual mode, meaning youll have to set all timings the same per both channels(ouble work) So IMO save your profiles to USb drive as well as the profiles just so you don't have to redo it all the time. You will see two RTL and two IOL change things under manual mode, but those are just for each side of the single DIMM for that channel, so you need to set most everything same except the RTLs/IOLs per channel. (THis will be remedied to make it much easier to set both channel's RTLs/IOLs without having to set all timings twice)

DRAM OVP/OCP has been worked on, and also so has vDIMM capability even on air you can do over 2.0+v, SamOCX you got your 2.4v BIOS here.

This BIOS should be better with subzero(it has fully unlocked voltages).

tWR still isn't working perfect, however tWR is just part of another timings tWRPDEN, so to change tWR just set something in the BIOS like 10 for tWR, and then set your tWRPDEN to 11 or 12(i forget which I used) and you will get tWR of 10. (This will be fixed soon, but it isn't impossible to change tWR effectively, its actually quite easy) tWRPDEN=tWR +/- some things.

This BIOS enjoys training the memory on every boot, so from a cold boot or a hard reset expect a retrain of the memory, sometimes its best not to retrain so you might need to get a feel for it. (This will also be remedied in a future release)

Dinos and Cookie i am sure will post up how they got their top memory OCs very soon.

This is the First revision of the X series BIOS, second will only get better.

Edited by sin0822