HWBOT Community Forums

Which LN2 pot is better?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for an LN2 pot and I've sort of come to the conclusion that I want to get either the KingPin Dragon F1 Dark Extreme or the Venom 6.66.

It's going to be primarily for dry ice cooling but LN2 will be used too.

I figured that the Venom would be the best out of the two but I need some advice on it as I'm literally torn between the two.

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Yeah that makes sense. It will need to be able to handle massive loads as I have Piledriver etc. that wants to be benched and I also have older 775/1366/1156/1155 stuff that will be benched too.

I'm swaying towards the Venom in all fairness.

It's always hard to say which pot is "better". LN2 pots are more about your personal preferences. Whether you like a fast control or rather smooth. A lot of mass, better structure, mounting and so on.

If you go for dice you should use a container with less mass or you won't hit low temperatures.

Be aware that Vince does not officially support Dice to use with his containers. Venom is not leak proof for Acetone so if you buy it make sure you get something to seal the pot yourself.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

That's a good point and something I completely forgot about. Surely the base is tall enough to hold enough acetone for dry ice sessions though? I could be mistaken.

If it isn't, I think I will have to get the Dark Extreme instead.

There is about 12-13mm from inside of the base to where meets the sleeve portion. You probably don't need much acetone, but once is starts bubbling i'm sure it will go over. I've had the Tek9 fat leak using acetone and I have more room.

That's a good point and something I completely forgot about. Surely the base is tall enough to hold enough acetone for dry ice sessions though? I could be mistaken.

If it isn't, I think I will have to get the Dark Extreme instead.

You can also have a look on my pots: http://www.der8auer.com The Fusion 3.1 is sealed and also supports dice. Plus I'm in the EU so no import taxes for you and I offer free international shipping.

Since everyone is marketing themselves you can also check out this: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/extreme.html :D

Hi Tiborr, just out of curiosity, not intending to buy right now, how do you plan to provide compatibility with other sockets???? If each socket will cost 40 Euros, then this pot would become expensive quite soon. Also for now there is no mounting for x79?