HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge July 2010 thread.

Massman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
I've sent an e-mail to Franck Delattre to fix VIA's dividers bugs and i815 as well.

Turrican do you have a VIA MVP3 board in your hands? I would like you to get some info from it to send a bug report to CPU-Z.

yeah, i have a few ones. :)

what info do you need?

• Crew
Make a txt report using CPU-Z on FSB100 when memory is at 100MHz and 66MHz - you know, the Mem=AGP mode. If possible, change only this setting, so it doesn't harden the decryption. And attach here for example. :)

ok, but i've to install win xp first. i have no "spare" os atm. :)

• Crew

A 24 pin PSU will be fine if you can fit it. I've got a separatable 24 pin connector. But even if yours is solid it sometimes can still fit the board. If it fits, it'll work.

Use a 24-pin, AFAIK the 24-pin plug is just the original 20 + 4 additional pins. Works on my NF3-board:)
Yep, there's additional +3.3V, 5V, 12V and ground - one of each. Edited by Antinomy

I have a 20 +4 pin ATX connector and I could leave the 4 pin plug, but it does not go because next to 20-pin connector on the motherboard there is an inductance that makes this impossible !

I have to change the fuse on my power supply with 20-pin connector to use the p3 mainboard ;)

Make a txt report using CPU-Z on FSB100 when memory is at 100MHz and 66MHz - you know, the Mem=AGP mode. If possible, change only this setting, so it doesn't harden the decryption. And attach here for example. :)

If you still have need for CPU-Z output from an MVP3-board I am doing some benchmarking on such board right now. :-)

Have a SDRAM board I should be able to get a reading from and also got some EDO RAM for my Socket 7 but doubt I can get a reading from it. Already tried PC Wizard to see but nada so far.

Perhaps something like SiSandra can show it. If I can get something, I'll post up. I'll also see if CPU-Z can get something the way Antinomy suggested.

• Crew
If you still have need for CPU-Z output from an MVP3-board I am doing some benchmarking on such board right now. :-)
As I said - two CPU-Z reports in txt with only the memory speed (synch and asynch) being changed would be very nice.

And please, name the files correspondent. Or type a comment which one is it.

Reports from more people is always better than from one - to be sure.

Bones, I can suggest Everest - did read type of memory (EDO/FPM) on 430TX and timings. A new CPU-Z is out but Franck said that he wasn't able to add all the stuff I asked yet. When he'll have free time, he'll do it.

I've sent a number of reports on various chipsets and processor identification bugs and parts of datasheets that could help him. But I wasn't able to test all of the hardware yet to say him what is wrong and how to fix this.

Bones, I can suggest Everest - did read type of memory (EDO/FPM) on 430TX and timings. A new CPU-Z is out but Franck said that he wasn't able to add all the stuff I asked yet. When he'll have free time, he'll do it.

I've sent a number of reports on various chipsets and processor identification bugs and parts of datasheets that could help him. But I wasn't able to test all of the hardware yet to say him what is wrong and how to fix this.

Will get it and see if it will work on my particular board.

EDIT: Nope, even Everest didn't do the trick BUT I did note within the comparisons when doing benchmarks, EDO RAM didn't have any specs for it's speed in MHz shown. All it had was a board or two with dual EDO RAM and after that, it was blank. I haven't tried to do a report with the program yet but I doubt it would show anything if I did.

For the record here, the MB I have is a Premio 219H Socket 7 - A real odd-ball and the BIOS string ID shows it being a MSI board. Unless MSI actually manufactured it for Premio, I doubt it really is a MSI build.

Edited by Bones

As I said - two CPU-Z reports in txt with only the memory speed (synch and asynch) being changed would be very nice.

And please, name the files correspondent. Or type a comment which one is it.

Reports from more people is always better than from one - to be sure.

I have uploaded two CPU-Z files here with ~100MHz bus frequency and different divider/ratio for the memory here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/406339016/mvp3_memsettings.tar.gz

They are from version 1.54 though, does that matter?