HWBOT Community Forums

Mat_Agnesi - Mobile Celeron 925 @ 3633MHz - 2435.05 pps HWBOT Prime

MJ_Motamedi

• 2 weeks later...

I have overvolted the PM965, and at this frequency this rig has passed the Wprime 1024, so is it very stable. I think it can go higher, but unfortunately the software " SetFSB " can't set more than 315MHz FSB.

P.S. I notice also better efficiency for PM45/GM45 chipset, more point for same MHz

Nope, I change two different version of the software, but never touching this parameter.

I simply raised the clock. I can set all the frequency from 200MHz to 315MHz FSB, but, if I set for example 320MHz, the software seems to accept the command, but the real FSB frequency still remain fixed to 315MHz. Even If I set 330MHz, the FSB freq. still remain 315MHz

Do you think that parameter can unlock the situation ?

Nope, I change two different version of the software, but never touching this parameter.

I simply raised the clock. I can set all the frequency from 200MHz to 315MHz FSB, but, if I set for example 320MHz, the software seems to accept the command, but the real FSB frequency still remain fixed to 315MHz. Even If I set 330MHz, the FSB freq. still remain 315MHz

Do you think that parameter can unlock the situation ?

These parameters can raise the limit of fsb adjust, i mean, if the max u can set is 315MHz on the slider, it will raise this. :)

If the problem isn't the max limit of fsb slider, I think this will not fix.

Edited by NoMS

The FSB slider can go up to 380MHz, but the FSB will lock up at 315mhz. This is a strange problem ! may be possible that the clock generator has reached it's limit ??

This clockgen has an datasheet avaliable for public? Maybe it can clarify something about this mysterious fsbwall. :)

Hi! yes, the Clock GEN is RTM875T-606. The 3rd pictures is a detail of the VID Vmod for the CPU (The scratched point, is where I have soldered the wire). The 4th pictures, is the Chipset Vmod.

I haven't checked the vDroop.. But I think it doesn't have so much vdroop. That mainboard can use a T7700 CORE duo CPU, witch require so much power if compared to a single core Celeron 925 45nm, even if overclocked.

How are you changing FSB value? I found this, also unlocked a logical input on 4th pin "TME" from 1 to 0. Setfsb - > import PLL and it is working. Now i'm going to do some vmods and check this 315 MHz wall. Maybe I can be able to get this datasheet, but it'll be hard, but I'll try :)

DELL Latitude D630 is PM965 too, can boot at FSB 1066 by mobo PLL pinmod. You also can see this page:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/393027-pll-pinmod-overclocking-methods-examples.html

For Mobile Celeron 900 (925) chip, firstly can do Socket BSEL pinmod by copper wire, that is a safe way.

If it not worked, then have to do mobo PLL pinmod, a harder and more dangerous way.

Meantime watch your Memory clock, may lead to crash if too high.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem: 315 wall. No way to pass through this. I did 166->200 FSB mod, it is working (On T5750). Tried to do 200->266 FSB mod, but it doesn't work. Probably a bios limitation. vNB ~1.32-1.35V allows to work stable at 315 MHz. No way to set memory divider, but SPD Tool is very helpfull.

Any ideas? Maybe I will try modify logic imputs in clockgenerator.

Good work. So even the BSEL Mod does not work.

We have to discover if this wall is simply caused by the Overclocking software (Witch cannot set more on that platform) or is an hardware limitation. If you attempt to force the FSB frequency via Hardware mod on logic inputs clockgenerator, we will discover this !