HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge November 2010 thread.

SteveRo

• Crew

By the way disabling cores ain't allowed

E5520 in the intel spec sheet is 4 cores 8 threads... I'll put my 970 then too in the single core compo... you can unlock cores but NOT disable them...

Read it here : E5520 Spec sheet...

Massman possible to add my humble score to the 2 core category plz

http://www.hwbot.org/community/submission/1082787_leeghoofd_pcmark_vantage_sempron_145_8752_marks

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Noone has got 10 SSD's to bench with, nor 6 Acards man :P don't worry it's in the bag !!!

Congratz again Team XS and to all who participated...

Thanks for the Vista tp Stratego San... was wallign hard at 4.4 and system wasn't as efficient under Vista then it was under Win7... but it was fun exploring it all !!

Edited by Leeghoofd

yeah i wish i had ten SSD...actually did this one with five of them, three were lost in an unfortunate accident.

Alot of it also does involve some patience and skill of course. SteveRo's work with the acards is phenomenal, and his knowledge and skill are complete for this bench (he does hold the overall WR).

Also, Trans Am has made a very good effort, with his ssd's and the 9260, and did very well on two difficult segments, the one core and three core. Undeniably the two hardest segments to win in this competition, and he did an excellent job, his LN2 skills are truly ninja!

I have seen guys with better hardware do worse than these guys, thats for sure. My hat is off to both of my teammates, not only are they great competitors, but very good friends as well.

Also, all the teams who competed did excellent, this bench is LONG as we all know, and requires alot of time and patience, so my hat is off to all of the guys who competed, there were some surprisingly good results along the way, and this was the most fun ive had in a while! (god im a nerd) thanks HWBot for giving us a monthly competition for this bench!

thanks for those kind words paul. You helped me and so many around the world with hdd perfomance setups. for me this was less of a hdwr contest and more of a test of myself. I have never been very patient but I am stubborn as hell and all the time i spent learning about the raid card and ssds I wouldnt go down with out a fight. The overclocking gods are proud of all of you who contributed. This was uncharted territory for all of us. thanks to hwbot for keeping it fresh. this was a historic event.