HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS & AwardFabrik Overclocking Event 30.10.2010

SoF

Hey Folks!

AwardFabrik had a blast together with ASUS during 30.10.2010.

We invited the best members of our hwbot team to hunt for some more points. LN2 and hardware was partly provided by ASUS.

I would love to tell you the real big interesting news during that event but it's all under NDA.

Michael or better known as "no_name" (yeah he still can do it -.-) preparing NDA-things :D

dscf2065u.th.jpg

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE WITH ALL IMAGES

dscf2057g.th.jpgdscf2058y.th.jpgdscf2061h.th.jpg

We all met in Frankfurt am Main - some other hw-site owners, reporters and writers joined the event for watching new platforms.

massman and leeghoofd came for gaming and showing they can build together and turn on a quad sli rig.

they also showed us they have an expander and 4 cards plastic coated - their tweak keeping the cards in plus-degrees while having a pot mounted let them easily bench without condensation issues.

They also brought a playable demo of futurmarks 3D Mark 1985 - they could run it with 666 FPS with single GPU.

After arriving first step was to carry in things and get the systems ready. Then there was a press-part with *peeeeeep* and current *peeeeeeep* as well as *peeeeeeep*.

Oh an der was a question-round with guys from technical departement in Taiwan and Germany. ASUS brought following things for the Extreme-Overclockers of AwardFabrik:

6x Intel Core i7 980X

15x ASUS GTX480

6x ASUS GTX470

6x ASUS GTX460

10x ASUS Rampage III Extreme

HUGE THANKS to ASUS for this great community support and the good relationship past the last 4 years!

LN2 was brought by our old friend Johann Broser who also delivers the liquid gold for our big AOCM sessions with over 2000L LN2.

So the guys started benching and found some really nice chips - the new GT steppings really seem to be great (all CPUs were brand new).

Beside the Overclocking we had a great catering with cake, fruits, drinks (alcohol-free!) and Weißwurst :D

After the benching part which finished around midnight we had some beers and nice chats in the hotel bar. It was a really nice time and the next event is already under construction :D

images1collected.jpg

best regards

SoF

Edited by SoF

Moved so people can comment :).

It was a pleasure seeing the German overclockers going at it again ... they really are passionate about overclocking. The environment in the German OC gatherings is always very nice and relaxed (such as AOCM); just a pleasure to be there. Also a big thanks goes out to ASUS Germany for setting up this Extreme OC tech meeting!

Concerning the me-failing-and-playing-retard-game ... in my defence:

defence.png

• Crew

It was on the epic fail setup Petri :P (Major PSU problems, not the pot :P )

Thx for the fun and good laughs again lads. Also big thanks to Chris, otherwise we would have had to play Chicken Invaders without a keyboard and monitor :)

!!! Massman always plays with the mouse, so he can move quicker then me and grab all the chickens !!!

Another great day to remember, kuddos to Asus ( Rogier and Milan) and the nutheads from Awardfabrik for organising this event

Ps: the LN2 delivery guy is amasing !! wished we had dedicated people like that in belgium !!

Super event!!! I wish we could have same size events in here.

Thanks for the pictures, but I can not see any inflection point pots in there.. haha!

I think massman was the only one brave enough to bring one - I heard it was awesome for chicken invaders :D