HWBOT Community Forums

mihaim1980 - Athlon 64 3400 Clawhammer 512KB @ 859.1MHz - 10h 26min 26sec 216ms GPUPI for CPU - 1B

Mr.Scott

Awesome score! :)

Regarding SSE2 and SSE3 as a minimum requirement for OpenCL: SSE3 is important because otherwise there isn't really a performance advantage running it in parallel. But the driver itself decides, what is 100% necessary to run the implementation. I didn't know it before, but the AMD drivers are fine with SSE2. Intel on the other hand needs SSE4.1 to make it work.

Awesome score! :)

Regarding SSE2 and SSE3 as a minimum requirement for OpenCL: SSE3 is important because otherwise there isn't really a performance advantage running it in parallel. But the driver itself decides, what is 100% necessary to run the implementation. I didn't know it before, but the AMD drivers are fine with SSE2. Intel on the other hand needs SSE4.1 to make it work.

Interesting as to why that might be.....

So AMD 64 FTW in this competition now :P

If it was a Venice core , shouldnt there be an indication in cpu-z , about SSE3 capability ?

It's a Clawhammer 512KB L2 (ADA3400AEP4AR)

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon%2064%203400+%20-%20ADA3400AEP4AR.html

Not if it's being misread. Nothing can be taken for granted.

@ Mat - You're killing me. I've asked this before, is SSE2 supported or just SSE3? It's kinda important because it changes the platform that we should be benching on. Time is short, we kinda need to know this.

Intel on the other hand needs SSE4.1 to make it work.

This is not a true statement. MacsBeach's P4 560 does not have SSE4.1.

Edited by Mr.Scott

But ...

What is really interesting about this submission , is the age of this particular cpu.

I dont know how the system calculated 11years and 2 months.

ADA3400AEP4AR

Core stepping CG

Stepping code CAA2C

That cpu is late 2004 - early 2005

September of 2003

EDIT- Saw the CPU pic. Bench works on SSE2. This changes everything.

Edited by Mr.Scott

September of 2003

I disagree

ADA3400AEP4AR was produced only in Stepping code CAA2C.

Stepping code CAA2C on CG core , was manufactured on the last quarter of 2004 , that's why the majority of cpu's based on CAA2C have a production date of 10th to 30th week of 2005.