HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Champion -DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

Hey guys,

Couple months ago a bought this very nice board,it really is the board that has dominated a lot of the X99 WR lately on HWBOT.The very short time Ive had this board has been a real pleasure to use,in the short testing Ive done on memory results im really happy with how the board performs,very user friendly bios and clocks memory great.As a lot of you know I only really have been clocking cold PSC but after a few test on some mfr ddr3 and now ddr4 it really is no different to any memory benching,its all just about learning and improve at what ever we do

Will continue to post more results soon from hopefully a few different memory manufacturers

Here is a old run,not a fully tweaked run but as you can see it clocks memory quite easy

Some quick uncore stability test of a new chip with very low volts,have since tested again and @5.1 uncore stable,will continue to post more results and cold memory clocks soon

29c6phy.png

good to see you playing on X99 platform. It's an interesting one. With big uncore PSC 4GHz time is in trouble for sure. i have to play some more, just haven't had much of a play with anything lately. Winter is coming for us so time to get cranking soon :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Bullant

Having a play with X99 tonight,cpu on water and memory on air... still bit more to dial in and should see bit more improvement @ these speeds

2dp079.jpg

Guest Bullant

Thanks,im cl12 the rtls are 51-51-49-49 iols 1-1-1-1you may be thinking of ASus rtls?or you thinking cl11?Ill install x99 asrock memtweakit next time and show

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Some more X99 Champion board,last night messing around with little uncore,cpu on SS -30 and memory on air.Could of been loosing about .200 efficiency from last test due to playing with to many thing at once or need a fresh install :lol:.

1zgahqx.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Moreee... with little colder temps in Australia was able to push little harder on the mems,cpu water and memory's on air... ln2 results to come soon

2ngu905.png

Guest Bullant

Mems are Kingston 3200 cl16 from the Kingston comp,I bought them from someone when the comp finished ,I only have this set and the panrams would be nice to have a few more sets

Guest Bullant

I have no idea if they go retail I believe the Kingston 3333 kits a better then these, It still requires alot of fine tuning to make these sticks possible to do this,the retail kits do freeze quite well,its what ill be doing more as I get another kit or two

Edited by Bullant

I have no idea if they go retail I believe the Kingston 3333 kits a better then these, It still requires alot of fine tuning to make these sticks possible to do this,the retail kits do freeze quite well,its what ill be doing more as I get another kit or two

None of my 3333 c17 sticks could run pi at 3200 c11, but I have an extra special set of 3333 c16 binned by Rambus Yang to test this weekend and am hoping to get a run in at 3200 c11 on air.

In the meantime I paired my best two 3333 c17 and my best two 3200 c16 to test out F4i (favorite bios so far) and ended up here with about 15 liters.

unVNuFc.png

Had to run a different waza as my normal one was failing at loop 16+

Guest Bullant

Cool,Should have some LN2 on the weekend so time to prep some boards ready for some 5Ghz Haswell and 5Ghz X99 cold memory benching myself

My Kingston kit is 3x 3200 and 1X 3333 and do c11 no problem with cpu on water and memory air in the cool of the night,I know with cpu on SS would of helped but don't like to use the SS on this cpu as my SS is old and don't wont to scratch the top of the cpu,will run ln2 on all soon tho

2hrlag3.jpg

Edited by Bullant

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked this board up yesterday and am having a devil of a time trying to clock memory. Kits that worked fine@3200C12 simply won't boot or can't load Windows. I've set the various VL voltages to the suggested settings based on some guides I've read online (VL4 1.55v, VL5 1.45v, VL6 1.45v). Tried tWL 9 and 10, no joy.

Guest Bullant

I have only tried two bios the first release and f3y and f3y also works very well on 125 and 100 strap,could also be couple settings in bios causing your problem,just try couple of different bios see if you can get it to work.Im sure most of the latest ones should work fine