HWBOT Community Forums

ocXtreme discussion thread

websmile

• Administrators

Hi,

maybe some of you already noticed, OCXtreme is back.

A short look into the past

When the OCX forum went offline 2013, this was a sad day for the overclocking world, especially those of you who are active at hwbot and overclocking for a longer time, will remember the dominant rule this the OCXtreme team played for years at hwbot and how helpful and valuable the content at its forum was. With the forum going offline, also the hwbot team started to slowly fade away and its special characteristics of individualistic independent ocers who nontheless provided not only support for each other but also shared a lot of information openly to community was lost.

The revival

Over the last years there were several discussions about if and how a comeback of OCXTreme could be done. It became clear that the spirit of OCX still meant a lot to people who wanted to push a more independent and individialistic approach to competetive overclocking, and that there was something missing the forum and team offered in the past. The old forum was lost, the team inactive, so after considering all options, we decided to start again, with a new forum and also start a new hwbot team . The Kudos for this go especially to german oc legend joe_cool who was the main force at this and also a major inspiration for me to take part in this project.

So here we are again :) - welcome back, hwbot, the OCXTreme team hopes to have a good time and be a surplus again for the overclocking scene and also for hwbot. If something good is lost, start again and try to build something even better, we hope we can succeed at this

Sincerely

your ocxtreme team

• 3 weeks later...

One of OCXtreme's well known team members appears to be an unreliable seller. Nine days ago Dumo said he was sending an Impact VII out immediately and was very sorry for not sending out the Single Stage I paid for 4 weeks prior. I have a voice message saying he was going to have Splave and some teamates help pack and ship the SS. I told him it's all good as log as I'm kept in the loop and know what's going on. Here we are now 5 and a half weeks since payment was made and still nothing. Someone should talk to him soon before he gives what appears to be a very awesome team that I may join oneday a bad rep and it's well respected members since he's dropping names into our transaction

EDIT: Received an Impact vii and good set of psc from Dumo today as an apology for delay. I've been told my Under-the-Ice Monsta SS will be shipped shortly. Again these items we sent free of charge so I think that says a lot about his charactor and that he means well. Thanks Dumo

Edited by GtiJason

Received an Impact vii and good set of psc from Dumo today as an apology for delay. I've been told my Under-the-Ice Monsta SS will be shipped shortly. Again these items we sent free of charge so I think that says a lot about his charactor and that he means well. Thanks Dumo

thanks for this writte up websmile, and thank you and joe_cool, i can say with a smile on my face that Team OCX is back, shall my oportunities to get back at OC bussiness come shortly, i really miss the action involved, i'm still young though, a young abuelo :D , who knows if ocxtreme can push anytime in the incoming future for a top ranked place again, best of all though is to "see" good old friends all in the same place, and new ones too

i'm still alive hehe, very busy atm with lots of personal stuff going on, plus i had a kid, so that lacks even more my spare time, but i'm lurking here from time to time, and at OCX now too, wish old times would come back, i have lots of good friends all across the world due overclocking, that's what i value the most, i'm sure we will meet again no matter what :)

for thos who doesn't know me, i was the Team OCX captain and formerly team builder if you can say it so, and i'm registered before Massman in hwbot hahaha, eat that Pieter :D (don't ban me or i will send you killing UD9 :P )

best regards to all

It is great an honour to have you in the team again, and I am only keeping your place until you have the time to take the capatains job again, Sergio :D - a true legend and pioneer of extreme overclocking :)

Michael, no hurries, you doing an excellent job :) , i'll be back at the right timing :D