HWBOT Community Forums

GRIFF - Pentium M 770 @ 3011MHz - 24sec 828ms SuperPi - 1M

TSdiesel

So, into the bios i have possibility to manage multipliers. With intelspeedstep on i will boot at 16x, with intel speedstep off i will boot at 6x, 7x, 8x. But i have possibility to manage multipliers on windows without problems with rmclock and systool.

– So, into the bios i have possibility to manage multipliers. With intelspeedstep on i can boot at 16x, with intel speedstep off i can boot at 6x, 7x, 8x. But i have possibility to manage multipliers on windows without problems with rmclock and systool.

Have you guys try with other bios versions? Adding/removing uCodes?

I had lots of problems but it's a little different case: with 771 xeons and P965 Asus Commando. Also hanging on bootscreen. I think it's bios developers' fault. Maybe gonna find a proper volunteer hacker and hack around some bioses :)

//EDIT

but... how about Gigabyte motherboards? Those motherboards works more often with xeons. Maybe there's similar thing with other "not official" CPUs...

Thank you guys.

I'm not finished rehearsing with adapters, both CT-479 that 478 => 775.

Add microcode serves only to avoid message at startup, if the processor can work, will work without microcode updated.

With single adapter for the time I managed to get working all Prescott's s478 (fsb 533 and 800), and all Northwood's s478 (fsb 400, 533 and 800) on different motherboards. The biggest problems I had with Northwood fsb 400 Remain Willamette fsb 400.

With the double adapter problems were even bigger, I have not been able to run the processor fsb 400 and fsb 533 processors not all work, depending on the batch.

As soon as I finish the tests with Northwood fsb400 beginning to make serious bench. Good luck for all.

• Crew

//EDIT

but... how about Gigabyte motherboards? Those motherboards works more often with xeons. Maybe there's similar thing with other "not official" CPUs...

Prescott works on P35 Giga. Tried Northwood and s479 too but no go.

Tried P5E3 Deluxe and some low end nvidia asus board, but hang on the bootscreen. I think I tried some Asrock boards too but no go.