HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger divisions Time spy

websmile

• Administrators

Yes, if you cannot show by validating the saved file and do a screenshot showing valid or proviide a link that shows valid result there is no chance the result gets ranked. Can only block it then, no other option, the result has to be approved by the fm online check and shown to be valid

• Administrators

Check your os and if rtc/HEPT are enabled, maybe your OS is corrupted or you have to re install the benchmark, can have several reason. This problem would also make FS or FSE invalid with windows 10, Timer error is not accepted at Hwbot with System and OS that are vulnerable to RTC bug

Check your os and if rtc/HEPT are enabled, maybe your OS is corrupted or you have to re install the benchmark, can have several reason. This problem would also make FS or FSE invalid with windows 10, Timer error is not accepted at Hwbot with System and OS that are vulnerable to RTC bug

will check...so frustrating, I hate Time Spy :D

There is no change at all to the rules - time spy was clearly announced from the start to be validated by Futuremark, the current rules are unchanged from the first introduction of time spy. There was even a big discussion about this here at forums. People simply did not read the rules correctly, nothing changed for time spy. For all older FM benchmarks, Hwbot keeps the rules the way they were. Time spy is brand new, planned to be bulletproof for all platforms with 8 and 10 for example by validation and also cheat-proof. Time moves on, we have to make things more simple especially with rtc bug, vendors start to skip win7 support already (skylake) and we cannot live in the past when new benchmarks come

So if I understand this correctly all that is necessary is a screen shot showing a VALID SCORE and a FM link isn't necessary for the competitions.

• Administrators

The link has not to be part of the submission if it is shown as valid unless you have a global top 20 result. This is the way I will handle it for this competition, please note that the challenger divisions are part of introduction of the benchmark. We will evaluate the results and update the rules after the competitions end, for now the complete screenshot with result shown valid is OK. On other competitions, we will ask for the link explicitly if needed, rules will state this

I have a slightly different twist for the question. If running off-line/no connection and unable to get a "valid" in the SS but save the file and submit afterward could you post a link that shows a valid result. Would this still be acceptable? Many people can't/don't have internet connection when benching extreme.

• Administrators

I think first post says it already, you either need a screenshot showing valid result (validated online) or, if the result was made offline and shows not validated online, you need to validate the result at fm with the save file and provide a valid futuremark link for the result

Edit my 3000st post smilie_happy_011.gif

Edited by websmile

Guest Punk Sods

Hello superpatodonaldo.

The graphics card, it is a Zotac GTX 1080 ArticStorm, will not be properly recognized by Futuremark systeminfo or still unknown.

GPU-Z recognizes this card as Zotac and a GTX 1080.

The score itself is perfectly fine. ;)

Greeting

Heinrich

Guest Punk Sods

As well. ;)

I have just written to Futuremark because the "Generic VGA" problem. Probably the graphics card is missing in there database.

I have to wait and see and hope they get the problem solved.

Greetings

Heinrich

Edited by Punk Sods

• Administrators

I can only state again that time spy is synchronized with FM rules, everything that is different than "valid result" will not be accpted, I have 0.00 headroom on this. If you see why, it makes sense, it is for making this benchmark open for all os and all systems due to the online check, and make it bulletproof. If some one encounters problems like Heinrich, immedialtely contact FM to make them add the hardware, if your vga driver is not accepted, look for fm approved drivers and so on. There is no alternative for this