Ziken - Core i7 6700K @ 5260MHz - 1875 marks XTU

Nik

Guest Ziken (BANNED)

hello nik,

I succeeded has to do better before the end of the competition :/

As I wanted not damaged my cpu I put more of 1.58v reel

hi karta,

i have ihs polished on two face rad 240 and 16 fans, the water was 10/12°

Before of judged or criticized inform you about the method used is the voltages applied

thanks !!!

Yeah nah bs. How about a video to show cooling proof? I know there is other guys running radiators mounted on air conditioners (chiller any day of the week) and those volts and speed I find so hard to believe.

I want to see some of the "golden" CPUs in action and the rest of your loop. I think everyone does. We know how it goes and some of you people need to man up and provide video to everyone instead of hiding behind a keyboard because the mods can't investigate enough.

Edited by KaRtA

Good work man. Add some more fans & you'll be able to do 5.5G.

Here's an example of what you should be aiming for

Many great men before you have used this special trick in the ambient comps, nothing new. Just time to make the trick public.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Administrators

And this is why "ambient" competitions are nonsense :) - single stage, maybe even a used cascade at 800 Euros is cheaper than dozens of fans plus radiators and all this stuff, a delta of less than 50 degrees at 1,6v on cpu and temps of 10 degrees without load show that the concept simply failed when hwbot writes "enthusiast league is defined by non exotic cooling solutions"- my unofficial opinion in private is league division and division in "ambient" and Xtreme comps makes no sense anymore, if ever. I saw watercooling loops at four digit euro prices used before this and I wonder what is the difference to cascade, or even worse, to tec cooling, chiller etc put at apprentice while cheaper and less efficient in the end

Looks like a cold Pale Ale pre-chilled in the reservoir. The 4 degree higher idle before the attempted second run? Just saying cause I'm still not buying it.

So on a serious note, has anyone actually tried this (looking back to the mods @websmile) to see if there is a measurable effect to it.

As far as I am aware, that OC3D video was a Troll video with no substance. Please prove me wrong. I don't have $260 for fans plus cabling to waste on shit like this to test.

• Administrators

Fans or no fans, the highend expensive watercooling stuff makes things unreachable for 99,9% of normal enthusiast users, it kills the main purpose why we limit competitions to certain leagues. We wanted to rule out super binned hardware, super expensive cooling and exotic tricks to improve temps. When I see results over the last 2-3 years, we failed with this, because we got exactly this plus doubts all over the place, so it might be needed to open comps only limited by temps and cooling used to all or think about ways to get things even some way. Instead of xocers on LN2 we have xocers on "water" who have to fear no competition because we ruled out best ocers in the world due to cooling they normally use...

After watching that video of all those fans mounted to a radiator, correct me if i'm wrong,but how can the fans be making the air and or the water temperature into below zero temperatures, when as far as I know, you cannot go below room temperature without using some sort of sub zero cooling method like air conditioning etc?

That video has to be fake, unless they have discovered a way of defying physics ???

Guest Ziken (BANNED)
After watching that video of all those fans mounted to a radiator, correct me if i'm wrong,but how can the fans be making the air and or the water temperature into below zero temperatures, when as far as I know, you cannot go below room temperature without using some sort of sub zero cooling method like air conditioning etc?

That video has to be fake, unless they have discovered a way of defying physics ???

it's possible

No,you can't go below air temperature,even if you have fan the size of airplane engine lol ,if you believe otherwise get yourself a thermodynamic book and read.

Even if you put 1000 fans,the fans move the air through the radiator.The water takes the heat from waterblock and moves it into radiator.The air generated by fans takes the heat from radiator blades.

So if you have room temperature of 20 degrees the radiator will be cooled in ideal case to 20 degrees and the water will have 22-23 degrees because of the imperfect thermal transfer.The delta from idle to load depends on how many junctions you have ,for example direct die contact means one thermal junction,if you have standard IHS that means 2 thermal junctions,one between die and IHS and next one between IHS and waterblock. The more junctions the more losses you have.

Tehnically your submission is valid only if you had 1 juntion,liquid metal between die and waterblock,great CPU and i mean really golden one with also low-leakage,excellent waterflow and excellent fans. Also 5 degrees ambient or maybe lower.

it's possible

No its not and the video you have posted a link too, even admits at the end of the video that it was all done in fun, just to see who would watch it and its fake.

So your watercooling setup in your video, with your multiple fans to one 240mm radiator, is definitely not keeping your temps at 60 degrees at 5.25ghz, unless your ambient temperature is -20 degrees and you live in the Arctic!!!

But did you use golden super snake oil in your loop, with conductonaut and 40x3000RPM Corsair SP120 fans overvolted?

Well he did say Conductonaut everywhere so maybe that's what's pumping through that rad.

In other news, thanks to the descovery of fans providing sub ambient cooling and no deminishing returns when adding more, I'd like to start a new Team based on these principals. So pm me if you'd like to join...

TEAM Nitrogen (N2, 78%), Oxygen (O2, 21%), Argon (A, 1%) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2, 0.04%) vs LN²

Here's my setup

dRej5FT.jpg

M8yOKMz.jpg

6Qj0X7E.jpg

Full Album: Inspiration to Join !

Team*Nitrogen (N2, 78%), Oxygen (O2, 21%), Argon (A, 1%) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2, 0.04%) - Album on Imgur