HWBOT Community Forums

Good Socket 775 DDR3 Motherboard Wanted

gavbon

• Crew
In order to cover all the bases, I also sent him a message so I'm not surprised he contacted you. Hopefully you guys can work something out.

Thanks Reefa!

Price he is asking is more than I'm currently willing to pay :(

Thanks Reefa!

Price he is asking is more than I'm currently willing to pay :(

It's kinda hard at this late point to come up with a fair price for the REX, which while considered by many to be the very best of it's kind, is nevertheless dated from a technology standpoint. It is now more of a collector's item, or maybe for someone that still likes to bench LGA775. The fewer the buyers and sellers there are, the harder it is to establish the value of an item.

On top of that you've got the shipping to UK to factor in.

Well, I just thought I'd bring it to your attention, sorry it didn't work out.

• Crew
you could look for a p5e3 premium as well. i have two of those and both do 650+fsb for me.

Yeah my P5E3 Deluxe is being naughty, so looking to replace it with another.

Do yours do 650+ FSB on LN2 or was it tested on phase?

It's kinda hard at this late point to come up with a fair price for the REX, which while considered by many to be the very best of it's kind, is nevertheless dated from a technology standpoint. It is now more of a collector's item, or maybe for someone that still likes to bench LGA775. The fewer the buyers and sellers there are, the harder it is to establish the value of an item.

On top of that you've got the shipping to UK to factor in.

Well, I just thought I'd bring it to your attention, sorry it didn't work out.

True, I wouldn't sell my new-in-box REX for any reasonable amount. It's a collectors item to me that will see light use, like Round 2 of Div VII that starts Monday

It's ok

My friends are adamant it's just a small pocket of moisture somewhere so will strip it down and see what's what!

Let's hope so, if not good 775's pop up on Ebay occasionably

Edited by GtiJason

• Crew
True, I wouldn't sell my new-in-box REX for any reasonable amount. It's a collectors item to me that will see light use, like Round 2 of Div VII that starts Monday

Let's hope so, if not good 775's pop up on Ebay occasionably

Yeah I feel ya, a REX would be cool, but would rather not spend £200 on a board when i could get something a little less premium like a P5E3 which will do the job I need it to do!

Still looking btw