HWBOT Community Forums

unityofsaints - Ryzen 7 1700 @ 5400MHz - 61.591 fps HWBOT x265 Benchmark - 1080p

speed.fastest

4 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

If you can do x265 you should be able to do R15 at the same clocks. At least for intel anyway.
Are you busting paste or something?

Can you crack paste on AMD?

I also feel like you over tighten the crap out of your pots man. have you tried a looser mount?

3 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I would say you can do R15 higher than x265

Don't worry, I've changed my pot tightening routine :P I've never heard of cracked paste on AMD and I would know about it if it happened because I put a probe directly in the socket.

Can't compare x265 on Intel to x265 on AMD. It runs wayyy lighter whereas CB runs as heavy (if not heavier?) on AMD. Must be related to AVX.

8 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

yeh fair enough, it is a completely different architecture and the load could be significantly different.

I take it you've tried different OS and so forth.

Yeah Server 2012 clocks a bit higher than Win 7 but can't use it for CB because Win 8+ is banned on Ryzen because of the BCLK bug. Cinebench does best High + dragged offscreen, realtime is hit and miss scoring-wise and usually just more unstable.

Edited by unityofsaints

4 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Yeah Server 2012 clocks a bit higher than Win 7 but can't use it for CB because Win 8+ is banned on Ryzen because of the BCLK bug. Cinebench does best High + dragged offscreen, realtime is hit and miss scoring-wise and usually just more unstable.

Haven't run anything on ln2 yet, but I can confirm everything you said about drag offscreen and high priority for just about every cpu. If you can run realtime splendid, but usually it causes an actual system lock up on most things that are unlocked multi unless you lose a couple hundred mhz.