HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI 3.3 released

Leeghoofd

theres a simple question and a simple answer to this or any benchmark bot uses,or wants to use, WHY  arent they tested fully before implemented ??? then when they find the wrong in them they have to pull a bench, in the start or wherever part of a comp too, which has happened before,  how many times ??? lol,  so my question is WHY, ...let me guess , youve all been told its all good to go yes ??? , its trust , true ?? no its not, thats been proven time and again here and bot , you seem to fall for it every time.

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

Well Ozzie , if everybody would just press benchmark, without any software or bclock changes to trick things, the BOT would never be in the state it currently is, especially regarding rules, limitations,.... and the usual drama involved :P

Benchmarks are similar as hardware, you can't warrant 100% compatibility and for certain not exclude user interaction... sometimes you have to revise points or remove because the users find flaws in it ( intentionally or unintentionally)  As mentioned in previous threads the Bot can never win. Before granting points there is always a month or so test period, but nobody cares about the benchmark at that point so they run it as foreseen, once we enable points people start messing about to find better efficiency and such...

For GPUPI3.3 revision, it is a new benchmark and can't influence any current ranking based on a similar looking benchmark. The workgroup will decide on the benchmark we will run on it and eventual point distribution for the future.

I removed some of the non parental advisory comments... keep it civilized plz, old people don't like youngsters quarreling all the time :P

11 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Well Ozzie , if everybody would just press benchmark, without any software or bclock changes to trick things, the BOT would never be in the state it currently is, especially regarding rules, limitations,.... and the usual drama involved :P

Benchmarks are similar as hardware, you can't warrant 100% compatibility and for certain not exclude user interaction... sometimes you have to revise points or remove because the users find flaws in it ( intentionally or unintentionally)  As mentioned in previous threads the Bot can never win. Before granting points there is always a month or so test period, but nobody cares about the benchmark at that point so they run it as foreseen, once we enable points people start messing about to find better efficiency and such...

For GPUPI3.3 revision, it is a new benchmark and can't influence any current ranking based on a similar looking benchmark. The workgroup will decide on the benchmark we will run on it and eventual point distribution for the future.

I removed some of the non parental advisory comments... keep it civilized plz, old people don't like youngsters quarreling all the time :P

ok Lee, no probs , points taken mate, i appreciate your explanation of the above said :P