HWBOT Community Forums

quiekMew - Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4550.2MHz - 515 cb Cinebench - R15

quiekMew

Hey,

thank you :) 

i borrowed the sticks from @ground1556. in his p5q deluxe they did 690MHz and 720MHz 5-5-5-15 at 2.3 Volt in single channel respectively . 

I tried to run them in dual channel with several boards (P5Q Pro, EP45 UD3R) but when the cpu is close to maxxed (still stable, just high FSB, around the 500 mark) the sticks couldnt go over 590MHz.

When lowering FSB from ~490FSB to ~420FSB they suddenly could do 690MHz 5-5-5-15 2.3V SPi8M stable in dual channel.

I then tried to up FSb to 500, drop the mem multi down so itd be at 666MHz with same timings and voltage and the system didnt even post. 

After that i tried to see with what FSB each stick can boot on its own and i stopped testing at ~520 FSB. i dropped the multi down so the mem ran at 520MHz 

so, my conclusion is, that (this) ddr2 cant clock as high with a higher fsb

have you observed similar things? 

11 hours ago, quiekMew said:

i definitely used the 400MHz strap to do 690MHz and the 200Mhz one when attempting to do 666MHz IIRC

the ram will do what it can.
imo, not achieving high ram frequency has to do with the chipset not handling high fsb and ram frequency but not the rams.

otherwise i had a ep45 ud3p which would not do x 2.4 B (strap333) cas5 with fsb of 540+ ish so had to do 540+ cas4, but another board has no pb doing x2.4B cas5...
which mch, mch ref and ram ref voltages do you use ?

690/720 cas5 (tight?) at 2.3 V is sweet ! really. see if they can do spi32m, nonetheless, very impressive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bolc said:

690/720 cas5 (tight?) at 2.3 V is sweet ! really. see if they can do spi32m, nonetheless, very impressive.

Got really lucky with a couple sets of Adata Vitesta, 6 out of 10 sticks did at least 675 5-5-5 (loose) at 2.3V on my P5Q Deluxe for 8M, loaned the best pair of them to Quiekmew for a while as I'm currently not feeling like benching DDR2 stuff . I'll do more testing once I get a new board and the sticks back.

• Like 1