HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2019 - SC2: DDR2 thread.

GRIFF

3 minutes ago, ozzie said:

why arent they there now then ????, the same subs i saw ? if they were all legal and above board theyd be there right ??

a liar always replies with another lie, to cover the last lie, then they forget what lie they told and sooner or later get caught out

What sub has been removed? If you're referring to the conroe865 subs as opposed to the subs that we're talking about then as was explained at the time, I had no pictures proving that both me and darth were in the same location benching together and I could tell that there would be complaining until I took the score down no matter it's legitimacy so I chose to take it down with the intent to rebench. That story is actually pretty well laid out if you'd read the original thread.

I'll provide the tl;dr for your reading pleasure

On 8/4/2019 at 2:45 PM, Leeghoofd said:

You have to make sure that both of you are in a picture, make a video of the team session…. lots of ways to prove or not prove anything.

Be warned as all of the above will be monitoring your future steps!

On 8/4/2019 at 2:48 PM, yosarianilives said:

We'll take our scores down for now and rebench

14 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:
On 8/5/2019 at 5:45 AM, Leeghoofd said:

You have to make sure that both of you are in a picture, make a video of the team session…. lots of ways to prove or not prove anything.

Be warned as all of the above will be monitoring your future steps!

enough said right there

Just now, ozzie said:

So what proof do you have that their is any cheating going on with the r11.5 scores? It's clearly two different people benching two different cpus on the same board in the same location. Honestly if this is how the community treats trying to get friends into XOC that would explain why the community is dying.

• Crew

Team benching sessions are allowed lads. if you can host a huge gathering ike the Philly event most will accept the scores. If you do it in a small room like in this case, things look immediately way more suspicious. But can one really provide proof it was done by one guy and the score was passed onto another member.  The aforementioned is nearly impossible lads when doing online competitions. 

Benching older hardware like I enforced on these stages usually leads to people to gather, so they can bench the required (read: getting more rare/unique) hardware. That is also why these compos exist, to bring people together and have fun.

Can HWBot enforce video proof? Maybe, but what would you want to see? A person booting up, setting up all the settings in the bios from scratch, without any help or using preset profiles from the other persons present in the room? If thats the case it would become lengthy videos. As the best score is not usually done in half an hour if we take LN2 subs as example. No matter the pretesting done on air or water.

This is a recurring issue we have year after year, unless we enforce using different motherboard types, different BIOS, different memory, different drive, different SATA cable, different OS and a different GPU usage... This would imply that benching older hardware is getting more and more impossible as the years go by. Moderation would be an even bigger nitemare as it is already (with or without BenchMate)

Comon sense prevails, but I can understand sometimes its hard to control emotions even though we are all players in a virtual world... chasing for Eternal Internet fame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@yosarianilives - You bring this on yourself, by trending as a 'loopholer'. Even your buddy Mickulty has called you out on this before.

As Alby has already said, none of the accusations can be proved positively, so it is what it is. That doesn't mean the suspicion will ever go away.

Is it really so difficult to bench above board?, and is it really worth it not to?

I just don't get it. Must be getting too old for this.

BTW, your 565BE  CB 11.5 sub is missing the mobo tab. :P

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Haha 1