HWBOT Community Forums

binning Conroe cpus

twopaca

anyone got any tips for overclocking Conroe cups, like how high these cpus can clock the fsb, and what a good conroe cpu should do core wise in benchmarks like wprime 32m, superpi 32m, and pifast. And knowing the cold bug and cold boot bug of these cpus 

9 hours ago, twopaca said:

anyone got any tips for overclocking Conroe cups, like how high these cpus can clock the fsb, and what a good conroe cpu should do core wise in benchmarks like wprime 32m, superpi 32m, and pifast. And knowing the cold bug and cold boot bug of these cpus 

In my experience bad chips will stop at 500-530 FSB mark, above 550 FSB you start to get good chips and the gold chips do 600 FSB (on ambient). FSB scales with PLL on ambient to +1.9V I believe. Core wise decent chips will do +4GHz on ambient for 32M IIRC.

CB/CBB idk, but other 775 chips can have anything from -80 to fullpot and apparently it can be linked to FSB. (@ObscureParadox) :S

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

core on air (LinX): 3600 1.40 for an acceptable chip, 1.35 for a good one, 1.30 for an awesome one
core on air (spi 32M): 3900 1.40-1.45 is good for B2, 4000 1.40-1.45 is good for G0
FSB on air: 550 acceptable, 575 good, 600 best
CB is usually -140 to -120

Note that low-multi chips (E6300) don't really need good core and high-multi chips (E6600+) have weaker requirements on FSB.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Noxinite said:

In my experience bad chips will stop at 500-530 FSB mark, above 550 FSB you start to get good chips and the gold chips do 600 FSB (on ambient). FSB scales with PLL on ambient to +1.9V I believe. Core wise decent chips will do +4GHz on ambient for 32M IIRC.

CB/CBB idk, but other 775 chips can have anything from -80 to fullpot and apparently it can be linked to FSB. (@ObscureParadox) :S

4 hours ago, TaPaKaH said:

core on air (LinX): 3600 1.40 for an acceptable chip, 1.35 for a good one, 1.30 for an awesome one
core on air (spi 32M): 3900 1.40-1.45 is good for B2, 4000 1.40-1.45 is good for G0
FSB on air: 550 acceptable, 575 good, 600 best
CB is usually -140 to -120

Note that low-multi chips (E6300) don't really need good core and high-multi chips (E6600+) have weaker requirements on FSB.

thanks for the help

With regards to the CB changing depending on FSB, this is similar to what happens with Athlon 64 for example in my personal experience. These wouldn't be necessarily correct numbers but just to use it as an example now. 

200-600FSB - 140cb 

601-620FSB - the cold bug gradually gets worse etc, feels like an FSB wall limit but increasing temp actually let's you set the higher FSB which can be a massive pain. It only seems to happen at the highest possible fsb's for any given chip. 

• Like 1

Yes and no. There are some chips that keep scaling on FSB all the way up to their actual coldbug (as in, lowering FSB won't lower the coldbug) but most chips indeed peak out between -120 and -100 with reverse FSB scaling (similar to Athlon 64 where it is extreme) to be observed when going lower.

Edited by TaPaKaH