HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

I discussed a bit with the MSI people at the event. So date isn't decided yet, but it should be or the last eek of June or the first week of July. So no more early June as heard before. Which is pretty normal imo. With computex they will have other things to do than organization in addition to computex stuff an oc live event.

Nothing about the Spanish team? Congrats to everyone!

Hello brothers,

First msi to thank all the support given us throughout the contest 2011 istambul moa,

Also congratulate the winners from here Matose and monster;)

and other overclockers,

First say that the first 580gtx that sent me msi, to make the hard mod died instantly, and went to Turkey with a plot already dead

3588-1.jpg

Say about our position that we start well in the super pi 32m,

We played a very good micro 50x 108.6 and got the 2st,

But by the second test on 3DMark03 the chart gave us problems rare

Yy performance fell far we were trying everything ... drivers, pci slot, hdd ect ...

And we got the pot and dry air plotted to check if it worked well,

Air sometimes weird things and also to yield fell by 40%

Testing discovered that normal functioning of -50 -45 and not to probe strange things and stay at least not without result

but of course a result of -50 did not spend from 1000 to 1060 core stable

the next day with the test of 3dmark11 too complicated because we could not climb over -50 and with it a lot and testing we could not come to pass a test to -50 core 1200 but after several attempts just happened 2 times to 1200 core,

Well I hope the next time have more luck, I really liked Istanbul and its people, I am very conte

img5671z.jpg

img5492d.jpg

Edited by [DRACO]

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all overclockers who participate in EMEA 2011 ;)

and now one Question

what was max clocks for 580 lightnintg in 3dmark03 and 3dmark11?

max clocks that I now are 1350mhz for 3dmark03 and 1400mhz for 3dmark11

Edited by Mehdi_FXX

Ah, a good night sleep at home :)

After all the excitement is starting to wear off, and we are finnaly home, getting back to our work, I still look behind with a good feeling in mind. And not just because we won, but because this was a great event that we really enjoyed. I want to congratulate all the contestants, everybody did a great job, no matter the final result. We know just as well as everybody else that luck and hardware matters a ton in this kind of competitions, so no bros should be sad about results, you win some, you loose some, that is how it works.

It has been my pleasure to see all you guys again, and also to meet new guys. With some we managed to have a few beers, with some we didn't, but in the end everybody was a part of this great contest. Special congrats to our Greek brothers who really pushed, special congrats to our Russian brothers who managed to amaze everybody in the last day, special congrats for the German team who really pushed hard and managed to get into the top 5 on the last 100 meters, and also a very big congrats to Elmor who came back in the last day and did a really great pro job. Also, I think many other teams did an imppresive work (I am thinking about Jonas right now, who had a crap CPU but managed to get extraprdinary 2k11 results and stay in the front of the pack) and this was a very strong event.

In that note, I must congratulate the MSI team, and I must say a big thank you and congrats to our local MSI office, to the local MSI office in Turkey, and of course to all from MSI involved in the organisation of this event. And I could not forget Giorgio, your presence there really helped a lot my friend, you did a great job and all probems were solved quick and precise!

Great event, great organising (but please bring beer next time), great friends.... See you in Taipei!

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all overclockers who participate in EMEA 2011 ;)

and now one Question

what was max clocks for 580 lightnintg in 3dmark03 and 3dmark11?

max clocks that I now are 1350mhz for 3dmark03 and 1400mhz for 3dmark11

so you prolly did something wrong :D in 11 more than in 03 ??

Never seen!

Our card what we used in the Competition did:

3DMark03 1450 MHz / 1350 MHz on -130° to -150° also one run with 1500 MHz but after Score it freezed coz of the Temperature drop

3DMark11 we did 1400 / 1300 If I remember right, but strange is that the card wasn't able to run -150° again, just -115 to -120° on the secound day.

Maybe Gogrio will puplish the scores

so you prolly did something wrong :D in 11 more than in 03 ??

Never seen!

Our card what we used in the Competition did:

3DMark03 1450 MHz / 1350 MHz on -130° to -150° also one run with 1500 MHz but after Score it freezed coz of the Temperature drop

3DMark11 we did 1400 / 1300 If I remember right, but strange is that the card wasn't able to run -150° again, just -115 to -120° on the secound day.

Maybe Gogrio will puplish the scores

I Have no sin:D

My Friends (Don_corleon & Olesius) in our Forum During the Competition siad that their card pass 3dmark03 @ 1350 mhz for Gpu and 1400 mhz for 3Dmark11 but Unfortunately their CPU never goses more that 5 GHZ!!! (you can see it in their super pi 32M)

But I`m Confused why 03mark is More Heavy than 3dmark11!!!

Massman's 3DMark11 - Performance score 8898 marks with Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 at 1260/1375MHz

Massman's 3DMark03 score 141468 marks with Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 at 1200/1300MHz

like you massman! 50-60 mhz more than For 3Dmark11!!!

Edited by Mehdi_FXX

More information about the MSI MOA Taiwan 2011 Qualifier:

- online qualifier only

- registration: from 0:00 March 25 to 23:59 April 22 (only 3 days left!)

- online competition: deadline at 23:59 April 30

- Winner goes to APAC final

- benchmarks: superpi 8m, 3Dmark vantage cpu test and cpu-z

More info: http://forum.coolaler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414