HWBOT Community Forums

digitalbath - DDR SD-RAM @ 317.5MHz - 317.5 MHz Memory Frequency

stunned_guy

Thanks guys!

I have to apologize myself here. I suspect that this result is incorrect and that CPUZ is showing incorrect values here. I will delete this result, just in case this result is incorrect. I don't want to cheat.

The story behind it is that I found out where the FSB: DIMM divider is in the PCI register. So I was able to boot normally with the divider 1: 1 and change the divider from 1:1 to 5:6 in Windows. The system is measurably slower after that, so I thought that the divider would also be set correctly. It does not seem so (after further tests). 

The FSB: DIMM divider is in 7Ch (b0d0f3).

image.thumb.png.4418af744f18dbe5dae4b56e9b8d7869.png

Sorry.

@TerraRaptor

No, this version of cpuz is wrong here. Version 1.58 shows up 2 dimms correct, but I wasn't able to validate with this version.

edit:

can a mod delete this result?

Edited by digitalbath

• 5 months later...

I have encountered the same thing while developing the nf2 tweaker. When booted with 1:1 you can then "set" any FSB:DRAM ratio and cpuz is easily fooled, because it seems to read that register.

https://valid.x86.fr/zukryk

I've obviously exaggerated "a bit" with the 3508MHz (DDR-7016). 1:15 is the highest possible.

CBID tool is reading DRAM frequency correctly, so I'm trying to find how to reproduce it and report to Franck.

Makes me question the validity of the current top-1 valid for socket A (except that one of from @digitalbath). Not calling anyone cheater, but it might be another honest mistake. The thing is we were all stuck at 300.7 max, while the Greeks managed higher. Not saying it's impossible though.

unknown.png

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

I've obviously exaggerated "a bit" with the 3508MHz (DDR-7016). 1:15 is the highest possible.

? nice one.

CBID tool is reading DRAM frequency correctly, so I'm trying to find how to reproduce it and report to Franck.

That would be great. There are another mistakes in CPU-Z:

Sometimes cpu-z detects twice the number of dimms. When using only one dimm in ASRock K7NF2, CPU-Z detect most CL2,0, not CL2,5 or CL3,0.

see here: https://valid.x86.fr/xexj6t

I guess that are minor Problems. Cheating FSB:DIMM ratio is more crucial.

Makes me question the validity of the current top-1 valid for socket A (except that one of from @digitalbath). Not calling anyone cheater, but it might be another honest mistake. The thing is we were all stuck at 300.7 max, while the Greeks managed higher. Not saying it's impossible though.

Thanks for remembering this. I forgot to ask for deleting this result.

Even this 300.7 is hard to achieve. I hope, I will pass (sometime) the 300MHz limit with S462 and without cheating.

------

What also makes me think: some BIOSes use 6:6 ratio register, and some use 4:4 (DFI). Is there a difference? Both are 1:1 FSB:DIMM ratio.

Edited by digitalbath

9 hours ago, digitalbath said:

What also makes me think: some BIOSes use 6:6 ratio register, and some use 4:4 (DFI). Is there a difference? Both are 1:1 FSB:DIMM ratio.

Do not know if there is an actual difference but, some boards clock better on certain ratios than others. My examples:

AN7 clocks better on a 6:6 ratio

NF7 clocks better on a 5:5 ratio

All my DFI's seem to clock better at 1:1

300.7 was tough to get, but I highly doubt Stelios tried to beat the system, if you will. It not his way.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Do not know if there is an actual difference but, some boards clock better on certain ratios than others. My examples:

Thanks for the information. I will test other ratio values. Maybe I can find a proper ratio for my boards.

• Like 1

• Crew
On 7/23/2021 at 11:26 PM, digitalbath said:

some BIOSes use 6:6 ratio register, and some use 4:4 (DFI). Is there a difference? Both are 1:1 FSB:DIMM ratio.

Maybe it's just different straps with same 1:1 divider? If it's true, 6:6 is 1/1 on FSB200, 4:4 is 1/1 on FSB 133.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:26 PM, digitalbath said:

Sometimes cpu-z detects twice the number of dimms. When using only one dimm in ASRock K7NF2, CPU-Z detect most CL2,0, not CL2,5 or CL3,0.

see here: https://valid.x86.fr/xexj6t

I guess that are minor Problems. Cheating FSB:DIMM ratio is more crucial.

Just make a report and write to Franck, he does respond quickly most of the time.

15 hours ago, Antinomy said:

Maybe it's just different straps with same 1:1 divider? If it's true, 6:6 is 1/1 on FSB200, 4:4 is 1/1 on FSB 133.

Good Idea. Worth to check this.

15 hours ago, Antinomy said:

Just make a report and write to Franck, he does respond quickly most of the time.

I will do that after my mod BIOS for my ASRock board.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:38 AM, Mr.Scott said:

? Seriously? That's the one thing i never tried in all those years... I usually just kept what the board used as default for synced FSB:Dram. Might be interesting to dump the chipset registers and to see if there are differences.

• Like 1