HWBOT Community Forums

Rocket Lake 5 GHz 32M LCC

• 1 month later...

Super_PI_32M_304_557.thumb.jpg.5795594ea7890624215192f4c6f26486.jpg

The OS I use for this competition can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jKnW8-VVRuecHGwMzArvYLJKoKTzc1QZ/view?usp=sharing

All information needed to use it and produce good scores is included.

https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v8/ReflectDLHT.exe

Also, here is a download link for Macrium Reflect. Just remove from PC and redownload or change main PC date in OS before trial ends.

Edited by Sparky's__Adventure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, Sparky's__Adventure said:

https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v8/ReflectDLHT.exe

Also, here is a download link for Macrium Reflect. Just remove from PC and redownload or change main PC date in OS before trial ends.

Additionally you should be able to trick Macrium into thinking the date is earlier using "runasdate"

run as date.JPG

runasdate.zip

Edited by GtiJason
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

RKL first touch.

snaphsot0020.png

Taking a look at your most recent result:

https://hwbot.org/submission/4805185

How come you used 3 cores enabled here instead of 4? I found cores 4 and 5 to be the "most efficient".

Also, have you tried much lower tRAS, like 14? Or tightening other settings (like tRFC or maybe even trying some atypical tertiaries) for shaving off maybe a couple dozen ms. I assume you already have tight AF RTLs because OCF.

Maybe even yeeting vcore to get that 5ghz uncore on true ambient.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4790748

With all those tweaks combined, even if you can't bump mem freq because of IMC limit, I feel you could probably beat my SP32M result. I believe your combined OS efficiency and waza boost are superb.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

Taking a look at your most recent result:

https://hwbot.org/submission/4805185

How come you used 3 cores enabled here instead of 4? I found cores 4 and 5 to be the "most efficient".

Also, have you tried much lower tRAS, like 14? Or tightening other settings (like tRFC or maybe even trying some atypical tertiaries) for shaving off maybe a couple dozen ms. I assume you already have tight AF RTLs because OCF.

Maybe even yeeting vcore to get that 5ghz uncore on true ambient.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4790748

With all those tweaks combined, even if you can't bump mem freq because of IMC limit, I feel you could probably beat my SP32M result. I believe your combined OS efficiency and waza boost are superb.

I used 3c 3t because my strongest core was not 4/5 and settings between both runs were identical except the os having a larger maxmem set on the latter and retiring my Raptor.

tRAS lower than 21 will not pass on my pleb tier dual rank kit and lower tRFC doesn't pass consistently. As for atypical tertiaries I can tell you I'm much looser than what have posted on a number of them. Sometimes tighter doesn't equal faster and most definitely not if you can't finish 32M. RTL game is strong for sure because . . . OCF :D

I am using 1.5v on an NH-D15 with 75f ambient temp so I don't think there's any gas in the tank in this regard. Cache higher than 48 fails to boot nor have any semblance of stability so mega fail in this dept. I'm also Gear 1 limited (and or memory limited) on this cpu as 3866 can't train here unless I use < 100 bclk so there's no going higher freq wise atm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

I used 3c 3t because my strongest core was not 4/5 and settings between both runs were identical except the os having a larger maxmem set on the latter and retiring my Raptor.

tRAS lower than 21 will not pass on my pleb tier dual rank kit and lower tRFC doesn't pass consistently. As for atypical tertiaries I can tell you I'm much looser than what have posted on a number of them. Sometimes tighter doesn't equal faster and most definitely not if you can't finish 32M. RTL game is strong for sure because . . . OCF :D

I am using 1.5v on an NH-D15 with 75f ambient temp so I don't think there's any gas in the tank in this regard. Cache higher than 48 fails to boot nor have any semblance of stability so mega fail in this dept. I'm also Gear 1 limited (and or memory limited) on this cpu as 3866 can't train here unless I use < 100 bclk so there's no going higher freq wise atm.

There's absolutely gas left in the tank in terms of cache. With similar (hell maybe higher) ambient temp, I got 5g ring with 1.7vcore running using a Scythe Fuma 2 for cooling:

I'd like to note that 1.7vcore was absolutely unnecessary. I know I got it to pass at 1.63v, and I think it probably could've passed even at 1.55v.

You are absolutely right about too tight having performance loss. I noticed with one of my old sets, too tight tRFC would tank scores. All my tertiaries are tested for consistent performance gain with this specific kit and board. I know not all motherboards like the same settings, buddy with an OCF and Tachyon said both didn't run well with my timings. I really need to try newer bios, hopefully manual RTL will work, should be a couple hundred ms still available.

Do you think your Raptor was slowing you down? I've always benched on SSDs, as that's just what I've had available to me. Also, 3c3t should have meaningfully lower idle temp, so if 4c4t isn't faster for you, then you'll see other benefits.

If you need different dual rank, I have one more spare set that I need to get rid of. Phone repair bills are a pain, especially in college :D

Edited by Sparky's__Adventure
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Sparky's__AdventureI tried vcore as high as 1.6v and no difference and I see no point in blasting 1.7v since this cpu still hasn't seen any cold yet. It could just be poor cpu silicone or maybe the mobo that's holding the cache back but I have no other point of reference since only OCF is here. I think you might be the only one with a 5g cache air cpu that I have seen with most others topping out at 4.8ish.

I don't think Raptor was slowing anything down except waza taking longer to finish vs ssd life.

And as for dual rank kits, I think am good on those atm since there will be fancy new toys to play with this month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...