HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z590 XOC Bios/Tools

Holy shit, GTL is easy to use and works so well, thx for linking!

On another note, has anyone manged to reliably and consistently train RTLs on the Tachyon? On 2Xg it keeps flapping for me between 68-67 and 55-56 from training to training, which looks like opportunistic Round Trip Latency disable or enable, like you can manually set on Asus, but I haven't found such setting in the Tachyon bios yet.

When I manually set them to either of the auto combinations above, it only trains successfully in about 1/10 attempts, otherwise fails (55) and enters recovery mode 

Edited by skullbringer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, skullbringer said:

Holy shit, GTL is easy to use and works so well, thx for linking!

On another note, has anyone manged to reliably and consistently train RTLs on the Tachyon? On 2Xg it keeps flapping for me between 68-67 and 55-56 from training to training, which looks like opportunistic Round Trip Latency disable or enable, like you can manually set on Asus, but I haven't found such setting in the Tachyon bios yet.

When I manually set them to either of the auto combinations above, it only trains successfully in about 1/10 attempts, otherwise fails (55) and enters recovery mode 

Try to raise SA and IO2 Voltage and lowered uncore freq, i have the same problem too here on Tachyon..

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, sabishiihito said:

Thanks, I totally derped when reading over the thread, I thought it was just a Tachyon bios.

I guess Giggles decided for Z590 if you want an XOC bios, you'll get a Tachyon... Understandable but not great for those who can't afford or even get their hands on one at all. Z490 was nice with the bioses being available across several boards.

Edited by SaskOCGuy

6 hours ago, Zarok77 said:

Any link for Windows XP That works on Tachyon other than ACPI error 

Thanks

Zarok 

How did you use the acpi.sys file? It needs to be dropped in Windows>System32>Drivers folder and overwrite the existing acpi.sys file in the drivers folder. The neat thing about this is that XP can be used on Intel SATA ports instead of ASMedia ports. 

If you are having trouble. Take an existing XP install (like for Z490, Z370, ect) and connect it to a PC via a SATA to USB cable (I've heard this is a must) and drop the acpi.sys file into the drivers folder. 

Edited by jessec0626
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, skullbringer said:

Here's some screenies for you.

3866x102, 1.65 SA, 1.6 IO 2/Mem, 1.9 Vdimm, 0.9 VTTDDR.

Forcing a memory retrain by going to limp mode and then F10 without any changes, gives me either of the two sets of RTLs, but never anything in between.

"DDR4-3866 im Gear 1 war schlichtweg unmöglich. Egal ob dual-ranked oder single-ranked DIMMs, egal wie viel SA und IO2 Spannung..."

???

On 3/15/2022 at 1:23 AM, mirco69 said:

"DDR4-3866 im Gear 1 war schlichtweg unmöglich. Egal ob dual-ranked oder single-ranked DIMMs, egal wie viel SA und IO2 Spannung..."

???

3 months between those screenshots and the review and a lot of bios versions. review was done with latest available at the time, which could not do 3866 divider

1 hour ago, mirco69 said:

Three months in between, but the review was published later. Also, it looks to me like bios version X2g was used in both.

Honestly I can't say for sure anymore as this was quite some time ago. It's possible that I made an error there, that the board was capable pf running 3866 devider with one of the bios versions current at the time and I might have done my final round of testing on the other bios (must have been F5 iirc). So if you're looking for an error in my testing, I can't prove the contrary. 

Though I don't think it would chang much regarding the overall conclusion. And having to hop between bios versions for gear 1 or gear 2 optimizations also wouldn't help much either frankly. 

• 7 months later...

What's this bunnyextraction new stuff?

Effi testing on water/phase atm and seeing what my ram can actually do with a functioning IMC (although Rocket lake, so "functioning").

It also seems like wazza does nothing now (only ~0.3s), so I probably have it set up wrong for these CPUs...

image_id_2786588.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is there any other way to downgrade the bios short of hooking up programmer to the chip itself? Recently picked up a tachyon secondhand and the previous owner updated both bios to F7. Have already tried using QF+ and it acts likes its programming but when it reboots its still on F7.

Edit.

So somehow during trying to update the backup bios while bios select switch was on bios 2 and dual bios was disabled, QF+ updated the main bios to the xoc bios. very strange. regardless, good to go now.

Edited by Watchmydebt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...