HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX | APEX 14

On 12/6/2021 at 4:17 AM, marcvezina said:

What's the meaning in the name divergence in BIOS releases?  On one hand you have the 0802-0804 convention (Safedisk). And on the other hand you get the 0072-0081-0093 (Shamino). Anyone please care to clarify? Thanks

There have been many updates recently. memory tuning Sorry

Just use the last version 0053

thanks

• Like 1

13 hours ago, safedisk said:

There have been many updates recently. memory tuning Sorry
Just use the last version 0053

thanks

@safedisk
Thanks for confirming what I suspected all along. It's also difficult to know when the 'tuning' branch meets the official one. So I'll stick with the "tuning' branch for now (0053 and on). And cheers to all of you guys working hard to bring us all these updates. I don't know about others but I really do appreciate

Edited by marcvezina
  • Like 3

On 12/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, marcvezina said:

@safedisk
Thanks for confirming what I suspected all along. It's also difficult to know when the 'tuning' branch meets the official one. So I'll stick with the "tuning' branch for now (0053 and on). And cheers to all of you guys working hard to bring us all these updates. I don't know about others but I really do appreciate

Thank you for understanding our work ?

some Words about LN2 behavior. Ive  noticed that 2 FIVR Rails starts to Overvolt when the Temperature is below -180 (as @safedisk also mentioned to me)

txVDDQ (Transmitter VDDQ) and SA Voltage raise up 130mv below -170 in my case. Lets say BIOS set 1,4v jumps up to 1,53v. So this can cause a coldbug like on one of my CPU. I recommend to measure with DMM, lower these two Rails and check behavior. Keep in Mind, HWINFO DONT show this Overvolting

Edited by P5ych0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4