HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX | APEX 14

Anyone who said who have problem, my board is 2021 too and i dont have problem, i can run Y-Cruncher 2.5B All Days on this setting and actually i use this settings for daily use. This settings may help you if you have problem.

Try this BIOS, this is best BIOS for mem oc from anything i try. BIOS thanks to @shamino
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb4qbqdzae5e3d2/ROG-MAXIMUS-Z690-APEX-ASUS-9902.zip?dl=0
And try this may help stability, thanks to @safedisk
SenseAmp Offset Training [Disabled]
Read Timing Centering 1D [Enabled]
Round Trip Latency [Enabled]
Turn Around Timing Training [Disabled]

And i try this helped too :
DRAM CLK Period [63] to [161]
Dll_bwsel [24] or [25]
Memory Controller Voltage [AUTO]
CPU System Agent Voltage [AUTO] or some CPU may like it 0.9 to 0.975v
IVR Transmitter VDDQ Voltage [AUTO]
DRAM VDD Switching Frequency [1.5]
DRAM VDDQ Switching Frequency [1.5]

DRAM VDD & VDDQ is depend on Memory IC and PMIC can be different.

y-cruncher_Pi-2.5b_59.842.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-11 220311.jpg

photo6149817835984105300.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, speed.fastest said:

Anyone who said who have problem, my board is 2021 too and i dont have problem, i can run Y-Cruncher 2.5B All Days on this setting and actually i use this settings for daily use. This settings may help you if you have problem.

Try this BIOS, this is best BIOS for mem oc from anything i try. BIOS thanks to @shamino
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb4qbqdzae5e3d2/ROG-MAXIMUS-Z690-APEX-ASUS-9902.zip?dl=0
And try this may help stability, thanks to @safedisk

And i try this helped too :
Dll_bwsel [24] or [25]
Memory Controller Voltage [AUTO]
CPU System Agent Voltage [AUTO] or some CPU may like it 0.9 to 0.975v
IVR Transmitter VDDQ Voltage [AUTO]
DRAM VDD Switching Frequency [1.5]
DRAM VDDQ Switching Frequency [1.5]

DRAM VDD & VDDQ is depend on Memory IC and PMIC can be different.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 220311.jpg

photo6149817835984105300.jpg

Not all of the boards were crap, just a decent amount. I recently did all of that and to no avail. I spent one month trying to get it to run stable and have exhausted all options at this point. Tried all voltages all timings. Reset bios clear cmos etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Three different cpus, and memory sticks. Different mount pressures etc. etc. etc......... My board is borked.

Just now, thewebsiteisdown said:

Not all of the boards were crap, just a decent amount. I recently did all of that and to no avail. I spent one month trying to get it to run stable and have exhausted all options at this point. Tried all voltages all timings. Reset bios clear cmos etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Three different cpus, and memory sticks. Different mount pressures etc. etc. etc......... My board is borked.

Just try the settings above, i wait your feedback if it fixed your problems :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, speed.fastest said:

Just try the settings above, i wait your feedback if it fixed your problems :)

I'm not switching motherboards again, I'm sorry. It took me an hour to get all of it switched out last night. I just want to have my system running at this point. As stated, I tried that all already and don't have any more time or patience. My patience ran out at about two days ago which marked the month-long journey for me of not having a stable system with the apex motherboard that I have.

Since Asus has yet to help me 6 days into support now at this point and still awaiting a response from management at this time.. I'm trying to go through amazon and get a replacement board that is newer production year without having to pay a restocking fee for a defective motherboard that's not my fault.. I just want to swap this board for a newer production and be done with this nightmare at this point. I've never had these issues with Asus before and it's disheartening to be honest.

Edited by thewebsiteisdown

37 minutes ago, spit051261 said:

I Tried the same RAM as you (Teamforce 6400) and had exactly the same problems .

I tried everything under the sun as well as asking another overclocker to come over and have a go , he had no luck as well.

Got fed up of changing settings and trying different BIOS (days and days).

I thought I would be able to run 7000 easily on the ram after playing with it .Didn't realize it would be difficult/impossible just to run XMP.

I am not saying every board is bad but after looking at oc.net , there is obviously a problem .

Hopefully the new one fixes it. Asus finally reached out to me about an advanced replacement. I deserve better but whatever, I'll pay up front for a new one I guess. 

• Like 1

Sono orami mesi che la mia z690 apex non vuole sapere di far lavorare le ram in profilo xmp.. ho delle gskill 6000 c36 Samsung ma il massimo a cui posso portarle è 5400mhz xmp2.. se si sale oltre fallisce memtest e Windows impazzisce.. ho provato altre ram, stesso identico problema.. provando il singolo slot mi sono accorto che A1 è il problema.. la ram passa il memtest in xmp2 a 6000 c36 su slot B1 ma su A1 fallisce immediatamente.. si spendono migliaia di euro per avere il top e poi ti ritrovi questa robaccia con problemi.. mi domando se cambiando scheda madre posso risolvere finalmente questo problema! 

7 hours ago, IM-LUDWIG said:

Sono orami mesi che la mia z690 apex non vuole sapere di far lavorare le ram in profilo xmp.. ho delle gskill 6000 c36 Samsung ma il massimo a cui posso portarle è 5400mhz xmp2.. se si sale oltre fallisce memtest e Windows impazzisce.. ho provato altre ram, stesso identico problema.. provando il singolo slot mi sono accorto che A1 è il problema.. la ram passa il memtest in xmp2 a 6000 c36 su slot B1 ma su A1 fallisce immediatamente.. si spendono migliaia di euro per avere il top e poi ti ritrovi questa robaccia con problemi.. mi domando se cambiando scheda madre posso risolvere finalmente questo problema! 

Installa il bios 9902 e riprova. E risaputo che tutte le shede madri ddr5 hanno problemi su uno slot più che un'altro. Non va bene sparare a zero su asus quando anche le altre sono sulla stessa barca.(per altro cosi facendo svaluti la mb che hai pagato tanti soldi). Buon fortuna

Zarok

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, speed.fastest said:

Sorry for you guys who have problem with DDR5. On DDR4 i have issue with 5066 Kit that is error on xmp, and thats not board or memory issue, its IMC issue, and this on rocketlake. I can bench geekbench to 5866 and memory clock 6300 but no 5066 stable at xmp. XMP is overclock.

My motherboard is bad. Asus has it. I don't have a problem with ddr5.

7 minutes ago, thewebsiteisdown said:

My motherboard is bad. Asus has it. I don't have a problem with ddr5.

And you already have the money back is it? Or not? You same people on ocn forum right? I only silent rider there. Dont expect very high xmp kit to be stable easily, on any gen and any specs. And variation board to board is there as always have been since old day, just because clock is now higher many people just realising it now.

Just rma it, no need to spam it here. I dont think anyone here is customer support. Just FYI, i changing memory same hynix 3 times, 2 kit did 6666 ycruncher 2.5b, and 1 kit did 6933 ycruncher 2.5b. And there is cpu imc variance too, i cant do 7200 geekbench without cpu limited to 2c/2t or what it mean is cpu imc need cold.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, thewebsiteisdown said:

They're saying they're bad. Nothing about silicone lottery at all. Last I checked they don't accept rma's for that.

Usually is like that, you cant rma cpu that cant do 5500 daily on water, or cpu imc that cant do 7200 quad channel. Because intel only accepted if your cpu imc failed 4800 jedec spec as on intel ark specs. Anything above that is overclock. And remember now ddr5 imc is having 4 channel, and every channel is different. Channel A better than Channel B, and slot B is better than slot A. You need combination to make all works.

• Crew

Cleaned up the thread, final words I want to read here from Spit and the theweb is how the outcome of the RMA's went. 

Remember this is an OC thread, not a support one. I think Speed.fastest already did more than he should.

If you want to push thing further and test this old dog, be my guest... I'll be waiting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Cleaned up the thread, final words I want to read here from Spit and the theweb is how the outcome of the RMA's went. 

Remember this is an OC thread, not a support one. I think Speed.fastest already did more than he should.

If you want to push thing further and test this old dog, be my guest... I'll be waiting.

Waiting to to see what they respond with since I denied their refund. Will post updates once they respond. Sorry for the clutter boss, will keep it minimum.

13 hours ago, thewebsiteisdown said:

Waiting to to see what they respond with since I denied their refund. Will post updates once they respond. Sorry for the clutter boss, will keep it minimum.

Do you have screen shots of your testing results or retail serial #? Probly I can help you with your ram settings if your cpu's imc can scale with it.

• Like 2

On 2022/3/11 at PM11點14分, speed.fastest said:

誰說誰有問題,我的主板也是 2021 年的,我沒有問題,我可以在此設置下全天運行 Y-Cruncher 2.5B,實際上我將此設置用於日常使用。如果您遇到問題,此設置可能會對您有所幫助。

試試這個 BIOS,這是我嘗試過的最適合 mem oc 的 BIOS。BIOS 感謝 @沙米諾
試試這個可能有助於穩定,感謝@安全磁盤

我也嘗試過這個有幫助
Dll_bwsel [24] or [25 ]
內存控制器電壓 [AUTO]
CPU 系統代理電壓 [AUTO] 或某些 CPU 可能喜歡它 0.9 到 0.975v
IVR 發送器 VDDQ 電壓 [AUTO]
DRAM VDD 開關頻率 [1.5]
DRAM VDDQ 開關頻率 [1.5]

DRAM VDD 和 VDDQ 為取決於內存 IC 和 PMIC 可以不同。

截圖 2022-03-11 220311.jpg

照片6149817835984105300.jpg

You can take a look at 7000/7200MHZ 16G*2 and look at the highest frequency with the A channel and the highest frequency with the B channel~ People say that the problem is the high frequency

9 hours ago, 蔣政道 said:

You can take a look at 7000/7200MHZ 16G*2 and look at the highest frequency with the A channel and the highest frequency with the B channel~ People say that the problem is the high frequency

I already told you all, for booting 7200 all slot used and bench it, i need to bin cpu and memory.