HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS APEX Z790 | APEX 15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

48137ef0521d3c0e3737befd399351c2.thumb.jpg.430e8ca8f49373e1fe9a943eccd93898.jpg

Z790 APEX ENCORE/ Z790 APEX TEST BIOS 9909

1. need ln2 mode enabled and mode2 if use gear 4 dont use mode 2 (Only used in xoc)
2. can switch 11F ucode in bios

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX TEST BIOS 9909 (Based on 2301)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15bS_sd5u9s22YBPoc7dRHqnqE2d28jJr/view?usp=sharing

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE TEST BIOS 9909 (Based on 1301)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11iGXXHas5dq-gjjVG9cI0p20iVMOzonj/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again :D

Is there is known issue with LN2 jumper on Z790 Apex encore? keep getting 55 code right after enabling it (no matter the temperature) or CPUs, tried 4-5 different BIOS with 14900k,14900kf and 13700k with no luck, only 5% of the times it boot to windows with LN2 jumper enabled but at the next restart it stuck on 55 again.

Am I doing something wrong? :D

Edited by Farjam

Make sure RSVD_1 and RSVD_2 switch are set to Off

Edit: Actually having it boot ever is weird if you were to have RSVD_2 enabled, I guess also make sure to not be using Maximus Tweak Mode 2, as this loads skews that only work well at ln2 temp. 

Edited by Seby
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Seby said:

Make sure RSVD_1 and RSVD_2 switch are set to Off

Edit: Actually having it boot ever is weird if you were to have RSVD_2 enabled, I guess also make sure to not be using Maximus Tweak Mode 2, as this loads skews that only work well at ln2 temp. 

Thank you

It's been a frustrating week as all my 14XX chips had cold bug around -100 (and even one around -80), after all maybe I can enjoy a full pot 13700k this week lol

Edited by Farjam

12 minutes ago, Farjam said:

Thank you

It's been a frustrating week as all my 14XX chips had cold bug around -100 (and even one around -80), after all maybe I can enjoy a full pot 13700k this week lol

Very warm hmm, try leave memory settings all auto, only set FLL OC Mode to Ratio OC, disable ecores, set vcore and core ratio, and apply settings when cpu is at -100 so that you don't change cpu temp too much after training mem. Then see how cold you can go in OS. If you have a cold bug, then raise CPU Input Voltage, first to 2.3 to see if it makes any difference. You can try up to 2.7 if it does help. 

• Thanks 1